From The Document Foundation Wiki
- (1) Summary. Replace 1st sentence with “Calculate the internal rate of return for a series of cash flows, iterating to find the rate of return which gives a zero net present value for the cash flows”. Also, suggest delete 2nd sentence as it contains material that should be in the Arguments section.
- (2) Returns. Insert “decimal” before “fraction”. Change “a series of investments” to “the series of cash flows”.
- (3) Arguments, Values. Are you sure that you can use an array as an argument? I have not managed to do so.
- (4) Arguments, Guess. Change “in percentage or fraction” to “as a percentage or decimal fraction”.
- (5) Arguments, Warning. I see no need for this to be a warning on the wiki – I would prefer it to be a bullet – consistent with many other pages that highlight error conditions.
- (6) Arguments, general. We need to define the constraints on the values. At least one of the cash flows must be negative and at least one positive - to allow the net present value to be zero. The order of the cash flows is significant; make sure that you arrange them in the correct sequence.
- (7) Additional details. Include a link to Wikipedia’s page entitled “Internal rate of return”.
- (8) Additional details. Might also be worth adding that the result of IRR is the rate at which the NPV() function will return zero with the given values (perhaps formatted as a formula).
- (9) Examples. Both formulas refer to A1:A16 – presumably, this should be A1:A6? Also, are we being inconsistent by not having an error example?
- (10) Related LibreOffice functions. Should MIRR be included?