From The Document Foundation Wiki
- (1) Summary. Suggest replacing with “Calculates the nominal interest rate, given the effective rate and the number of compounding periods”.
- (2) Returns. Insert “decimal” before “fraction”. Delete “annual”. Maybe state that the default formatting is as a percentage, while the Excel NOMINAL function does not return the value formatted as a percentage?
- (3) Arguments, Effective Rate. Insert “decimal” before “fraction”.
- (4) Arguments, NPerY. Change “whole number” to “integer”.
- (5) Additional details. Consider link to Wikipedia’s “Nominal interest rate” page.
- (6) Additional details. The somewhat simpler formula in the code is = ( POWER( Effective Rate + 1.0, 1.0 / NPerY ) - 1.0 ) * NPerY;. Perhaps change to use this one?
- (7) Additional details. May be worth stating that the calculation assumes that interest is credited at the end of exactly equal periods.