From The Document Foundation Wiki
- (1) Summary. Suggest the following replacement text – “Calculates the total payment (principal and interest) made each period for an investment with a fixed interest rate over a specific number of periods”.
- (2) Returns. Change “investment with given parameters” to “an investment with the given arguments”. Mention that the result is formatted as a currency.
- (3) Arguments, Rate. Insert “decimal” before “fraction”.
- (4) Arguments, NPer. Change “number of periods in which annuity is paid” to “total number of payment periods”.
- (5) Arguments, PV. Change “cash value in a sequence of payments” to “value of the investment”.
- (6) Arguments, FV. Change “desired value (future value) at the end of the periods” to “future value of the investment”.
- (7) Arguments, 2nd bullet. I think that the software checks for = 0 and <> 0.
- (8) Additional details. This formula will not work for obvious reasons if Rate = 0. Please add the separate equation given in the ODF for the special case of Rate = 0.
- (9) Additional details. It may be worth noting that the total amount paid could be calculated as the PMT value multiplied by NPer.