From The Document Foundation Wiki
- (1) General. The information at https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Calc:_STEYX_function may be helpful.
- (2) Summary. Suggest the following replacement – “Fits a straight line to supplied data using linear regression and returns the standard error of actual y-values compared to y-values on the straight line found”.
- (3) Arguments, DataY. Is a matrix different from an array in this context? Suggest change “the predicted values” to “real values representing the y-components of points in a data set”.
- (4) Arguments, DataX. Is a matrix different from an array in this context? Suggest change “the values for which the corresponding y values are predicted” to “real values representing the x-components of points in a data set”.
- (5) Arguments, 1st bullet. It would be worth clarifying what the text “Numbers can also be entered directly” refers to.
- (6) Arguments, 2nd bullet. As with other functions where similar text occurs, I am not sure whether “a name/array/reference to” is necessary or not. Also, are we sure that logical values like TRUE and FALSE are ignored?
- (7) Arguments, 3rd bullet. Change “has” to “contains” and “considers” to “includes”.
- (8) Arguments, 4th bullet. I suspect that “length” should be changed to “dimensions” and “is” should be changed to “are”.
- (9) Additional details. Please advise where this formula comes from – it is not the same as that in the ODF or that on the relevant Microsoft page.
- (10) Examples, 1st example. Error in formula – semicolon after B1 should be a colon. Also change “reference to a range of cells” to “references to ranges of cells”.
- (11) Examples, 2nd example. “array” should be plural.