This page is about Collaborative Editing for LibreOffice (aka Synchronous Collaborative Editing), a feature that is under development.
Are we there yet? Is it Ready Yet?
The closest we have at the moment is the LibreOffice Online.
If you're a developer, check out the #Development section below.
- Short mentioning of LibreOffice cloud development in Charles-H. Schulz blog (January 15, 2015)
- MMeeks presentation - 2013-10-09
- tdf#73831 - EDITING: [FEATURE REQUEST] Collaborative work for writer
- tdf#62722 - abstract telepathy backends better ...
Want to help out with collaborative editing?
Start at the developers page.
You'll need to get up to speed with the LibreOffice project and our development style:
- Get the code; build it
- Join dev list, introduce yourself
- Do a couple of Easy Hacks to get familiar with the workflow. This is also a good way to show people that you're committed to writing code for the project :-)
- Finally: Ask what's on the TODO list for collaborative editing.
Code is here:
More info here:
- Based on message-passing via telepathy tubes
- Suggested on Crazy Ideas page: [[Development/Crazy_Ideas#Simple_server-based_collaborative_editing|]]
- Pengyou project was started for OOo - (now defunct)
- LibreOffice vs. MS-Office comparison
Reports from the Press
- 2012 - Ars - Demo of collaborative editing
- 2012 H-Online - LibreOffice collaboration over instant messaging demonstrated