From The Document Foundation Wiki
- Follow the LibreOffice vision "Simple for beginners and powerful for experts".
- Make sure both the interface as well as the workflow are designed to fit the persona(s) who will make use of it.
- Prioritize non-functional aspects according the UX manifesto.
Controls and Patterns
- Provide access to all functions via the menu bar.
- Provide access to most frequently used functions via the tool bar.
- Provide access to context functions via the context menu.
Next two guidelines do not have enough agreement for being really beneficial
- Provide access to context properties via the side bar.
- Provide comprehensive access to all features in property dialogs.
The previous version of this page can be found here.