Design/Whiteboards/Importing Styles from Other Files
Allow users to import styles into their current document from an existing template or other document. (This feature used to exist in versions prior to LibreOffice 4.0, but was lost because of the new template manager.)
|Analysis||Call for Proposals||Shaping Tentative Design||Blueprint||Implemented|
|In Scope||Out of Scope|
- UX-advise list: Template manager issues pending (Cor Nouws)
- UX-advise list: Template manager issues pending (Rafael Dominguez)
Proposal by Astron
- While the old selection dialog for importing styles opened from ▸ ▸ , this new proposal opens from the panel (née Stylist) exclusively.
- The old selection dialog allowed for importing from and into more than one file at once, this proposal does not allow that
- The old dialog relied heavily on double-clicking entries that did not look like they could expand ... this proposal tries to avoid that
- (2) is (deliberately) missing from the mockup, I did not want to illustrate (2a) the Open File dialog, or (2b) the new Template Manager dialogue
- Hopefully, the mockup explains most other ideas itself
This section lists the controversial topics linked to the start center and the pros and cons for each topic. Decisions on these topics have been reached on our IRC chat.