< FaqJump to navigation Jump to search
- I can see my tables via LibreOffice, but cannot insert new data or update existing data; the tables seem to be in read-only mode.
- How are fields mapped to the internal column designations of the LibreOffice address book table when I use an external address book source?
- I cannot edit a newly created table.
- How to obtain calculated fields or results depending on a function applied to other fields?
- How can I re-start continuous numbering for a primary key?
- How can I create a table from a SELECT statement?
- How do I manage composite primary keys (string + number)?
- How do I implement a dropdown selection?
- How to link (attach) text format tables in a HSQL database?
- How to carry out calculations in a query?
- How to trigger a dialog when opening a query?
- What functions are available with the embedded database engine?
- How do I use SQL to concatenate text fields?
- How can I calculate a time?
- How can I calculate ages from dates of birth?
- How can I select dates within a range?
- How can I limit the number of result rows from a query?
- How do I manage empty (null) fields?
- How can I suppress unwanted blank characters?
- How to select data starting with a certain sequence of characters?
- How to allow updates of data in queries?
- How to make a crosstab query ?
- How do I create a sub-form for a form?
- How can I search on part of a name in a form?
- How can I show table data in form mode?
- When I open a main form containing a sub-form, an error appears stating that the number of parameters does not correspond (ODBC/JDBC connection).
- How to display a form corresponding to the data of a single record with a single mouse button click?
- How to get a form control to display the value of afield in a table and then save the value of another field of the same table?
- When I open my form, the navigation bar doesn't appear.
- How can I add a field to a form?
- How to create a field that displays phone numbers in a way that corresponds to my country, e.g., France?
- How can I change the size of a form control?
- How do I use a list box in a form?
- How can I display images of different sizes in a form?
- How to use a form without opening the database?
- How can I format a field as uppercase/lowercase?
- How do I implement a selection dropdown?
- How to handle linked images?
- How to insert images or photos into a Report?
- Tutorial on the use of the Report Wizard.
- Documentation for the Sun Report Builder.
Import / Export
- How can I import data from a table when the data has to be updated regularly?
- How can I import data from an HTML page or from Calc and refresh the data every x seconds?
- How to import CSV into Base.
Drivers / External Databases
- HSQLDB User Guide. Syntax in Chapter 9.
- HSQLDB User Guide, version 2.2.
- Is there a way to use the Evolution address book as a data source?
- LibreOffice cannot find/load the JDBC driver.
- I cannot access my MS Access database with LibreOffice. There are no data sources of this type available.
- Connecting to a Microsoft Access database.
- How can I connect to a MySQL database?
- When I use the MySQL connector, my strings are not correctly encoded.
- How to find out the correct value of "autovalue"' from an SQL server when I insert a new range?
- How can I connect to a SAP database using the Adabas driver?
- When I use the ODBC driver to connect to an Oracle database, nothing seems to work correctly.
- When using PostgreSQL through ODBC, serial columns do not seem to work properly.
- When I execute an SQL select under PostgreSQL, I receive a message saying that the column 'tcid' has been duplicated.
- When I try to create new relationships with dB2 they are not visible on reopening Base.
- How can I connect to a MySQL server under Linux?
- How can I connect Calc to a MySql database instance installed on a remote internet host?
- My Firebird 2.5 data cannot be opened with LibreOffice 5.3.
Migrating from Microsoft Access
Did the FAQs help you with your problem?
If not, go to ask.libreoffice.org.
Ask your question there.