Frequently asked questions - Base
TDF LibreOffice Document Liberation Project Community Blogs Weblate Nextcloud Redmine Ask LibreOffice Donate
How can I create a field that displays 'phone numbers in my country's standard format?
- Select a field
- To make the telephone number appear in the specific format 00 00 00 00 00
- Click on the three dots which are to the right of the format field
- In the format window which opens choose the type "Number" and put in one of the following formats for the telephone number:
00" "00" "00" "00" "00 00\ 00\ 00\ 00\ 00 ##\ ##\ ##\ ##\ ##
- Validate this format by clicking the icon then OK
- Close the table
- Using the wizard create a form with the telephone field on it
- In design mode, click on the form navigator to access all the form controls.
- A right click on the telephone number field will allow you to check and complete the control properties.
- Exit design mode. The form is now ready to use for entering data.
- Enter the telephone number without spaces
- The formatting is applied when the cursor moves to the next field.