Frequently asked questions - Base
From The Document Foundation Wiki
How can I use a form without opening the database?
To save the form outside the database, open the database, then the form. On the menu, select "File > Save a copy" then close Base.
Then there are two methods to connect this external form to its database.
- First method
- Open the copy of the form saved outside the database
- Open Base, find then tables and selection the table which should be connected to the form
- Put the form into design mode and click once on the form navigator icon
- A right click on the name of the form then properties, and in the data tab redefine, or confirm as correct, the data settings.
- Exit design mode; the form is then active and can be used without opening Base
- Second method
- Open the copy of the form saved outside Base
- In the odt document select "View > Toolbars > Form design"
- In the form design bar click on "Design Mode" then on "Form"
- In the data source field on the data tab of the form properties window select the table to connect (content type must be "Table").