Frequently asked questions - Calc
How to control the printing zoom to limit the number of pages for printing
Suppose you want your table to be limited to one page in width, but the number of pages in height can be variable. To adjust the printing to a certain number of pages, when you don't know the total number of pages that would be obtained, follow these instructions:
- Open your sheet.
- Go to ▸ .
- In the dialog that appears, select the Sheet tab.
- At the bottom of this dialog, you will find a section labeled Scale.
- Choose the scale mode Fit print range(s) to width/height.
- Adjust the number of pages in the width and height boxes to the desired value (1 for the width in our example).
- Adjust the other number (height in our example) to a very large value.
- Click OK.
- View the results in Print Preview.
Another, more "hands-on", technique consists of adjusting the percentage of zoom by using the scale mode Reduce/enlarge printout as explained here.