Frequently asked questions - Writer
How do I create a header only on the first page of my document?
Since version 4 page styles have a property Same content on the first page available for headers and footers. So you only have to check or uncheck this box to get a specific layout or normal layout for the first page.
However if you have to share your document with software or versions that do not support this property, it is recommended to use a specific page style as explained in the following process.
Follow these steps:
- put the cursor on the first page of the document;
- open the Styles and Formatting sidebar by ▸ or press F11;
- click the Page Styles icon (fourth from the left);
- double click the Page style named
First Page; the name of the style is displayed in the status bar. It is also possible, at this point, to create your own First page style;
- put the cursor at the end of the text of the first page;
- select the ▸ menu;
- click on the Page break button;
- in the dropdown list, select the style you want to use for the next page (like
Standard, for example);
- click OK; and
- select the ▸ ▸ ▸ menu.
A frame for the page header will appear on the first page. Use the LibreOffice tools to complete the header.