Frequently asked questions - Writer
How do I insert a table of contents into my document?
Before you can create the table of contents, you must make the chapter titles recognizable by using the Styles and Formatting window to apply styles to them.
Mark the Titles
- Select the menu ▸ ;
- Put the cursor inside a title;
- Double click on the level of title you want in the Styles and Formatting window;
- Mark all the titles of your document in the same way.
Insert the Table of Contents
- Place the cursor where you want the Table of Contents to be inserted;
- Select the menu ▸ ▸ ▸ ;
- In the Type drop down list, select Table of Contents.
Note : you can also set other options to create the table of contents you want. For example, if you want a table of captions, check the Additional styles and select your caption style.
- Click OK.