Frequently asked questions - Writer
Jump to navigation Jump to search
How do I insert a table of contents into my document?
Before you can create the table of contents, you must make the chapter titles recognizable by using the Styles and Formatting window to apply styles to them.
Mark the Titles
- open the Styles and Formatting side bar by going to ▸ ;
- put the cursor inside a paragraph that you want to be your title;
- double-click on the level of title you want in the Styles and Formatting sidebar, e.g. Heading 1; and
- mark all the titles of your document in the same way.
Insert the Table of Contents
- place the cursor where you want the Table of Contents to be inserted;
- select the menu ▸ ▸ ;
- in the Type dropdown list, select
Table of Contents; and
- click OK.