Frequently asked questions - Writer
From The Document Foundation Wiki
How to insert a page number having the form of "Page 1 of N"?
- choose a position for your page number:
- at the top of the page, insert a header by selecting ▸ ▸ or
- at the bottom of the page, insert a footer by selecting ▸ ▸ ;
- place the cursor in the header or the footer of your document;
- press the tab key to put the text in the center or on the right;
- enter the text "Page ";
- select ▸ ▸ to insert the page number;
- enter the text " of ";
- select ▸ ▸ to insert the page count.
The page number will be displayed in the header or footer of all the pages. To modify these values in some specific cases, please see the items:
- How to make the page numbering begin at the second page of the document
- How to begin the page numbering of a document at a value greater than 1
- How to make the page numbering in the table of contents match the page numbering in the document
- My document begins with a title page and a home page. How do I make the total number of pages match only the written pages?