Frequently asked questions - Writer
How do I add an alphabetical index to my document?
To create the Index
- Place the cursor where you want the index to be inserted.
- Select the menu ▸ ▸ ▸ .
- Instead of the default Table of Contents choose Alphabetical Index.
To put words into the index
- Select the relevant word in the text.
- Select the ▸ ▸ .
- Click Insert.
The dialog box allows you to index the selected word.
For the next word:
- Leave the dialog open.
- Place the cursor on the word.
- Click the Entry area, the word will be automatically added.
- Click on Insert.
The Key 1 and Key 2 areas are used to create a hierarchical index with two levels.
To update the index, right click on it, and select Update index in the contextual menu.
To remove an entry that has been inserted
- In the text, put the cursor in the entry.
- Right click and select Index entry.
- In the dialog box, select Delete.
This is also a way to modify the indexation and, where necessary, to correct an entry (removal of capital, singular words or change the input word to standardize the writing of the index).