Frequently asked questions - Writer
Jak vytvořit tabulku, za kterou nenásleduje odstavec?
When you create a table using the common methods (▸ , Standard toolbar icon, etc), by default a paragraph is inserted after the table. This FAQ explains how to avoid it.
Tables are often inserted into a header or a footer to align a logo, some text or fields related to the page number. Inserting a table into a frame is also commonly used, including positioning a table other than in the "flow" of the document. It goes without saying that a paragraph following the table disrupts the layout expected in these cases.
- place the cursor in the frame (or the header or the footer)
- Insert a tab
- Select the paragraph (that only contains the tab)
- choose ▸
- Choose Tab as separator and then press Enter
A table containing two columns is created, not followed by a paragraph.Obviously it would be possible to directly enter the contents of the table, separated by tabs, before starting the conversion.
We are in the following case creating a table at the bottom of the page and at the end of the document:
The additional paragraph is of course annoying in that it generates an unwanted new page.
- Select the whole table, then chose
▸ ▸ ▸ then delete the "extra" paragraph. We are now in this situation:
- select the text from the beginning of the "table" until the end and chose ▸ .
- you can then recreate the table with
- See also: How to create a table