The LibreOffice Ankara HackFest 2016 will take place on the weekend of April, 30th to May, 1st 2016, in Ankara (more details on location TBD).
About the location
Ankara is the capital of the Turkey. The second largest city of Turkey behind Istanbul is easy to reach with international air travel. Due to its elevation and inland location, Ankara has cold, snowy winters and hot, dry summers. Rainfall occurs mostly during the spring and autumn. Experienced and new LibreOffice developers will meet at Hackfest Ankara, 2016. Location of hackfest will be announced very soon from here.
If there is a pet bug/feature you are interested to solve/create on the Hackfest add it here and we will try to find a mentor giving you guidance. Also if there is a general topic you want to cover/have a short talk about, add it here.
|tdf#32506 Find & Replace for Base||Muhammet Kara||...|
|tdf#51779 Support for SQL datatype INTERVAL||Muhammet Kara||...|
|your topic here||...||...|
How to get there
- Hackfest location at Google Maps:
- Street address:
06539, Bilkent / ANKARA
- Local Transportation Information System is here 
- To take on the the bus you should buy an Ankarakart. Recommended card type is "single use Ankarakart" for short trips. For more information 
- The best way to go to airport from city center or to city center from airport is Belkoair airport shuttle. You can find more information from here 
We would like to thank our following sponsors and supporters for making the Ankara Hackfest possible:
- TÜBİTAK (Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey)
The Document Foundation may be able to refund tickets to and from the Ankara Hackfest, after prior approval by the organizers, under the following conditions:
- transportation-only, please sign-up for couch surfing if you need free accommodation
- volunteer-first - people affiliated with a company involved in LibreOffice work will come last
- first-come-first-served - participants will get reimbursed in order of their sign-up on the wiki attendance list, until budget runs out.
- ask the organizers as soon as possible (ideally right before booking) if budget is still available. Be aware of the fact that tax law requires us to collect original receipts, so please keep them (or hand them in right there in Ankara)
Please be economic and pick cheap travel - that said, flights to Ankara might still be available at a reasonable price.
For those who attended: If you'd like to request a travel reimbursal, please follow the HowTo at TDF/Policies/Refunding for the TDF refunding, and mail email@example.com with your documents.
- Gülşah Köse
- Berk Güreken
- Aybüke Özdemir
- Ahmet Can Kepenek
- Feyza Yavuz
- Ayşe Melike Yurtoğlu
- Yeliz Taneroğlu
- Kerem Hallaç
- İrem Şendur
- Kader Tarlan
- Burçin Akalın
- Faruk Uzun
- Özcan Esen
- Michael Meeks
- Markus Mohrhard
- Jan-Marek Glogowski
- Daniel Thomas
- Muhammet Kara
- Gökhan Gurbetoğlu
- Erdem Demirkapı
- Nurhak Altın
- Day of training - slides here: http://www.gnome.org/~michael/blog/2016-04-29.html
- Some more slides from the training: File:Data for developer.pdf
- Many smaller training sessions with information around debugging, finding code, using vim, c++ references, ...
- fixed one bug  (Markus)
- wrote a test for one bug  (Markus)
- fixed a bug affecting turkish locale  (Michael)
- fixed invalid xml files in odf files  (Melike)
- Initial work on hiding chart title objects  (Feyza)
- Many easy hacks