There are currently two options to get approved travel refunded by TDF:
- via TDF
- via SPI
Please get in contact with email@example.com to learn which one to use.
Check before you file your request
- Please do not send your requests to SPI on your own. Only send them to TDF's treasurer, who then will ask SPI if they can refund from the LibreOffice budget.
- If you drive by car, please keep invoices from the gas stations. While we do have a per-km-rule, at least when we ask SPI for refunds, invoices are needed.
- Please do not send in receipts for events you attend when nobody approved it so far. As per the board's decision, all expenses must be approved by one of the budget holders.
- As a general rule, TDF can only refund the cheapest fare possible, i.e. only regular hotels, usually between 3 and 4 stars, and only 2nd class fares. Notable exception to the latter one is if a trip by 1st class is cheaper. In those cases, however, refunds are only possible if you send in proof that at the time of booking (!) the higher class trip indeed was the cheapest one.
- Please have your PDF receipts in a sane file size. Nobody needs 6 MB per page.
- Please file your requests in time, i.e. shortly after the event. Do not combine travel refund requests of the previous months, but rather send them per event.
- Be advised that TDF usually cannot cover any expenses for food or drinks. There is, however, a per diem rate that is mentioned in the detailed refund policy.
Refunding via TDF Berlin
Please fill this File:Tdf-travel refundform 2012-07-20.ots and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org, accompanied with travel receipts. For ease of reference, please state clearly the purpose of the trip in the Subject header of your email. For refunds from TDF Berlin, you need to send in the original receipts to our office after you have mailed them digitally.
If possible, we ask you to print your receipts single sided, as it helps us to lower our administrative overhead.
Refunding via SPI
SPI in certain cases kindly sponsors approved travel for TDF. Here's how to request reimbursal from them:
- First, collect and scan your travel receipts.
- Then please exactly follow the process explained and electronically fill the SPI reimbursal form.
- For transfer to Brazil, please additionally provide a phone number where you can be reached and your CPF (Tax ID).
- Send everything to email@example.com. Do NOT send the refund request to SPI directly.
We now also have an editable version of the form available. With most PDF readers, you can only print, but not save the file. Recent versions of LibreOffice (4+) have very good PDF-editing support and are a good way to open the PDF and fill-in the form.
Please note that if you have a bank account outside of the US, you need to provide additional information. Do NOT just add something to the form, but please DO ask your bank, otherwise payments can be massively delayed! Usually, if you tell your bank that you receive money from the US, they know what data to provide.
Example wording of what your bank will tell you:
For payments in EUR, please use: SWIFT to <Intermediary Bank>, SWIFT: <Intermediate Swift> beneficiary: ..... beneficiary account no.: ..... with <Your Bank Name> important: Please complete SWIFT-MT with Bank to Bank info: "in favour of <Your Bank Name>" For payments in USD please use: SWIFT to: <Intermediary Bank>, SWIFT <Intermediate Swift> via Wells Fargo Bank N.A, N.Y. 10 038 SWIFT: PNBPUS3NNYC account no. <account number> beneficiary: ..... beneficiary account no.: ..... with <Your Bank Name> important: Please complete SWIFT-MT with Bank to Bank info: "in favour of <Your Bank Name>