LibreOffice FOSDEM 2016 Hackfest
TDF LibreOffice Document Liberation Project Community Blogs Weblate Nextcloud Redmine Ask LibreOffice Donate
|Dates||January 28th-29th, 2016|
The LibreOffice Hackfest will take place in the City of Brussels in Belgium on January 28th and 29th, just before FOSDEM. This event is generously made possible by Betacowork Coworking Brussels -- give them a shoutout if you can.
The venue is at Betacowork Coworking Brussels, 4 rue des Pères Blancs, 1040 Etterbeek.
Add yourself here if you plan to attend the Hackfest.
- Jan Iversen
- David Ostrovsky
- Cor Nouws
- Riccardo Magliocchetti
- Lionel Mamane
- Michael Meeks
- Jan Holesovsky
- Miklos Vajna
- Andras Timar
- Markus Mohrhard
- Marina Latini
- Marc Bessières
- Michael Weghorn (only Friday, 29)
- Jos van den Oever (only Friday, 29)
- Osvaldo Gervasi
- László Németh
- Gabriele Ponzo
The venue will be open to us from 9:30 until late. Most attendees are expected to arrive past 10:30.
If you're attending the hackfest, add your name next to what you might like to work on and feel free to add bugs.
|tdf#123456 Describe the task||Your name here|
Ideas from the Crowd
Feel free to add some.
- [Gerrit] Upgrade Gerrit to upcoming 2.11.6
- [Gerrit] Install gerrit-oauth-provider plugin and enable OAuth2 authentication scheme for GitHub and Google
- It would be superb if you could consider this for the FOSDEM 2016 hackfest; I assume this is an easy hack and a low-hanging fruit: "Improve usability of PDF export of documents with comments": In version 4.3, Caolán implemented the possibility in Writer to print PDFs with comments inside the margin. This is a very important feature collaborating with others and great to have it now. However, currently this is limited to printing and does not work in PDF-export. Like printing, PDF exporting of documents with comments is a very common use case. Unfortunately, no one has touched the PDF export dialog yet, so this new feature is not yet available in the PDF export dialog, although the feature itself is actually implemented. Caolán describes the (for users complicated) work-around in the related bug entry: To activate PDF export with comments inside the margin, it is necessary to change the settings in ▸ ▸ ▸ . Unfortunately, there is currently no way to activate/deactivate it from the PDF export dialog itself! Please see tdf#77650 for details and a sample .ui file how it could look like. It seems to me that this feature is a low hanging fruit involving mostly a small change in the UI.
Feel free to add some.
See FOSDEM accommodation for relevant information; the punch line is that most people stay at the Hotel Astrid.
Please add here, what you did work on during the Hackfest:
- core commit 552361aaad740e55fcfa7993b4111aba354f863f .uno:Paste AnchorType param for Writer
- tdf#97371 DOCX import regression fix about TextBoxes
- tdf#96175 RTF export feature about company doc property
- core commit 363aa5dbb2c223b6cc3a109bd654f39772e310fa refactoring around Writer's new (in 5.1) hide-whitespace feature, as requested by Ashod
- core commit 8ff66c71bb4da8d0e4454e250e480eada9fe226c code coverage: RtfExport::WriteRevTab() was completely untested previously, now fixed
- Writer autocompletion: complete year (part) to current date to check or insert it during typing. (gerrit)
- tdf#95024 Update Hungarian Autocorrect patterns according to the new Hungarian spelling reform (gerrit)
- Update Hungarian Autotext patterns (gerrit)
- Gallery stress test: 1634 themes based on Emoji One and Unicode Emoji classification:
- half minute loading of bitmap previews (only first time, and 6× redundant data)
- but instant search in the theme list typing the theme names