LibreOffice FOSDEM 2015 Hackfest
|Dates||February 2 - February 3, 2015|
The venue is at Betacowork Coworking Brussels, 4 rue des Pères Blancs, 1040 Etterbeek. Betacowork is kindly sponsoring the venue.
- Michael Meeks
- Andras Timar
- Jan Holesovsky
- Miklos Vajna
- Markus Mohrhard
- Tor Lillqvist
- Jacobo Aragunde
- Cor Nouws
- Michael Stahl
- Eike Rathke
- Andreas Mantke
The venue will be open to us from 9:30 until late.
If you're attending the hackfest, add your name next to what you might like to work on and feel free to add bugs.
|Making progress on QR & other bar-code bits||Michael Meeks|
|Excessive duplicate accessible events||Jacobo|
|Collect & polish existing issues & ideas and where needed prepare some mockup||Cor Nouws|
|Various UI/key board|
|See how far I can get with ideas for improving UI/key board use..||Cor Nouws|
|Change tracking sidebar|
|Enable the changes sidebar also in Calc, start implementing the ideas from the Design meeting.||Kendy - Jan Holesovsky|
|Implementing old requests and new ideas.||Robinson|
|Doing something||Someone else|
Ideas from the Crowd
- Low-hanging fruit: Improve usability of PDF export of documents with comments. Recently Caolán implemented the possibility in Writer to print PDFs with comments inside the margin. However, this is limited to printing, because no one has touched the PDF export dialogue yet. Like printing, PDF exporting of documents with comments is a very common use case. Hence, this new feature is not available in the PDF export dialogue, although the feature itself is actually implemented. Caolán describes the (for users complicated) work-around in the related bug entry: To activate PDF export with comments, it is necessary to change the settings in ▸ ▸ ▸ . Unfortunately, there is currently no way to activate/deactivate it from the PDF export dialog itself! Please see tdf#77650 for details and a sample .ui file how it could look like. This feature is a low hanging fruit as it seems to involve mostly a small change in the UI.
- Merge the two slideshow background folders in the template manager and maybe get rid of the less appealing templates: abstract red/green/yellow, Sunset, Traditional
Feel free to add some.
If you're attending, feel free to add to the list.
See the FOSDEM page for relevant information; the punch line is that most people stay at the Hotel Astrid.
Please add here, what you did work on during the Hackfest:
- Lionel and mst: fixed some Writer/Base related bugs tdf#77241 tdf#88899 and investigated a few more tdf#68024 tdf#68022.
- Andreas: worked on the UI of the new LibreOffice Extensions and Template site.
- tdf#88583: a fallout from the Writer fillattributes work introduced in LibreOffice 4.4
- tdf#68183: a small new feature missing since the RSID GSoC project ended
- core commit 1ade66e7e70ce13c419f1ffff5222dcedec281bd build on HiDPI screens should now no longer fail
- tdf#88811: an RTF regression fix, so that now the counter is down to zero again
- core commit f1f6b6db730ae67a427c7974b59a5e19ab571984: we no longer produce invalid ODF output when writing character borders
- 64-bit Windows MSI package
- improve export of custom shapes to DrawingML
- mst: annoyed by pentabarf's inability to detect ODF file types while uploading FOSDEM talk slides, created a pull request to fix it https://github.com/nevs/pentabarf/pull/29
- mst and DavidO:
- 64-bit Windows: mork driver: Activate per default on this platform; and no, we aren't going to link against ancient seamonkey library: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/14275
- 64-bit Windows: climaker: Fix handling incomplete types for .Net: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/13851
- 64-bit Windows: jpeg-turbo: Fix building: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/14315
- 64-bit Windows: graphite: Fix building: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/14316 and uploaded the patch upstream: http://projects.palaso.org/issues/1310
- ODF change tracking digging-at-questions
- https://github.com/thorstenb/odpgen bringing plain code blocks back
- Made the iOS demo app TiledLibreOffice use the LibreOfficeKit API, the same API that our current Android stuff uses