TDF LibreOffice Document Liberation Project Community Blogs Weblate Nextcloud Redmine Ask LibreOffice Donate
The LibreOffice München HackFest 2018 will take place on the weekend of October 26th-28th 2018, at modulE, Elektrastraße 6, 81925 Munich.
About the location
The city of Munich
Munich is the capital and the most populated city in the German state of Bavaria, on the banks of the River Isar north of the Bavarian Alps. Munich is also the third largest city in Germany, after Berlin and Hamburg, and the 12th largest city in the European Union, with a population of around 1.5 million. The Munich Metropolitan Region is home to 6 million people.
The name of the city is derived from the Old/Middle High German term Munichen, meaning "by the monks". It derives from the monks of the Benedictine order, who ran a monastery at the place that was later to become the Old Town of Munich; hence the monk depicted on the city's coat of arms. Munich was first mentioned in 1158.
The venue - modulE powered by CIB
modulE powered by CIB is the creative open space for startup, events and much more.
With a space of 450m², the venue is the perfect place for our LibreOffice community, providing a comfortable place for hacking but also for informal meetings and networking activities.
If there is a pet bug/feature you are interested to solve/create on the Hackfest add it here and we will try to find a mentor giving you guidance. Also if there is a general topic you want to cover/have a short talk about, add it here.
|Icon design bugfixes||...||Andreas_k|
|Dark theme icon and code support||...||Andreas_k|
|Windows build times / clcache||...||jmux / cloph|
|Python / Eclipse||...||Samuel|
|Solve issue tdf#120906 (Something code bits missing)||...||Heiko|
|Code pointers to solve tdf#49437 and finally tdf#105933 (Table styles)||...||Heiko|
|Ideas and code pointers to solve tdf#120905 (Bullets and Numbering dialog)||...||Heiko|
Friday: Meet and Greet
Meeting from 17.00 on at the venue with pasta hacking and lightning talks
modulE - CIB software GmbH
81925 München - Germany
GPS: 48.152662, 11.620848
|Thorsten||Find your weekend hack|
|Markus||Data for LibreOffice developers|
|Markus||UI testing - A short introduction|
|add your name||add your topic|
Links for getting started:
|Pasta hacking ;)||Ingredients (4 people)|
|Penne all'arrabbiata||Peeled tomatoes 380g, garlic clove 1, parsley, chili pepper, sugar, salt, olive oil and Penne 320g ;)|
|Fusilli radicchio and gorgonzola||Radicchio 460g, Gorgonzola 250g, Cream 100g, Salt, black pepper, sugar, Olive oil 20g, water, garlic clove 1, fusilli 320g|
Hackfest starting from 10.00 and community gathering with informal meeting of the German community.
The venue will be available until 02.00 AM.
The friendly people from the local Munich OSSTreffen (OSS Meeting) posse are hosting an end of season meetup on Saturday afternoon with some interesting workshops, Hackfest participants are welcome!
Meeting at the venue at 10.00 sharing the hackfest results.
Hackfest officially ends at 12.00 with the opportunity to stay until 16.00
City tour on Sunday afternoon
On Sunday afternoon at 14:00, we'll have a short walking tour of the Altstadt (old town)! It'll last around 60 - 90 minutes, and explore some architecture and history. There'll be time at the end for a traditional Bavarian beer as well! Please add your name here in the table above if you plan to join.
We'll meet at 14:00 at Sendlinger Tor, directly under the arch here:
Sendlinger Tor is close to Hauptbahnhof, the main station, and is reachable with various means of public transport (U3, U6, U2, U8, trams). Because there is lots of traffic there, give yourself plenty of time to find the arch. Here's a public transport map of Munich
Look for Mike Saunders, who'll be there with a big umbrella! If you need help finding us, drop us a line on Telegram: https://t.me/LibreOfficeHackfest
How to get there
Location at OpenStreetMap: https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1545380024#map=19/48.1525825/11.6207321
Street address: Elektrastraße 6, 81925 Munich Germany
Entrance from the street side:
- from München airport:
- take S8, exit Johanneskirchen
- take bus number 184, direction Arabellapark, ride all the way to the terminal station
- connection is every 20 minutes during daytime
- from München central station:
- take subway line U4, direction Arabellapark, ride all the way to the terminal station
- connection is every 5 to 10 minutes during daytime
- german route description
- there's limited parking available, at least outside business hours
We would like to thank our following sponsors and supporters for making the Munich Hackfest possible:
- CIB for generously hosting us!
- The Document Foundation, for providing travel sponsoring
Suggested hotels not far from the venue or well connected with public transportation:
- Leonardo Hotel Munich Arabellapark, Effnerstrasse 99, Munich
- The Westin Grand Munich, Arabellastrasse 6, Munich 81925
- Sheraton Munich Arabellapark Hotel, ArabellaStrasse 5, Munich 81925
- Euro Youth Hotel - Munich's Famous Hostel Senefelderstr. 5, 80336 Munich
- Holiday Inn Munich - Leuchtenbergring - Leuchtenbergring 20, 81677 Munich
- Ibis Muenchen City Ost - Berg-am-Laim-Str. 125, 81673 Munich
- hostel / budget Smart Stay Hostel Munich City, Mozartstraße 4
If you find cheapest solutions feel free to improve the list. ;)
The Document Foundation may be able to refund tickets to and from the München Hackfest, after prior approval by the organizers, under the following conditions:
- transportation and accommodation
- volunteer-first - people affiliated with a company involved in LibreOffice work will come last
- first-come-first-served - participants will get reimbursed in order of their sign-up on the wiki attendance list, until budget runs out.
- ask the organizers as soon as possible (ideally right before booking) if budget is still available. Be aware of the fact that tax law requires us to collect original receipts, so please keep them (or hand them in right there in München)
Please be economic and pick cheap travel - that said, flights to München might still be available at a reasonable price.
For those who attended: If you'd like to request the travel support, please follow the HowTo at TDF/Policies/Refunding for the SPI refunding, and mail email@example.com with your documents.
Feel free to join the Telegram group: https://t.me/LibreOfficeHackfest
...that is bridged with the IRC channel #libreoffice-hackfest IRC://
Please add your name and e-mail address to the below list in case you want to participate. We will use this list for planning, logistics and announcements.
|Attendee||Contact||Arrival||Departure||Childcare required||Accommodation support||Special needs for meals||Accessibility needs for the Hackfest||Attending the city tour on Sunday||Accessibility needs for the city tour||Notes|
|Michael Weghorn||m.weghornposteo.de||26-10-2018||27-10-2018||No||No||Vegetarian (if possible)||No||No||No|
|Dennis Roczek||dennisroczeklo||26-10-2018||28-10-2018||No||No||No||No||Maybe||No||only Friday and Sunday|
|Heiko Tietze||htietze||26-10-2018 15:24||28-10-2018 11:56||No||No||No|
|Martin Nathansen||marsianergmail.com||26-10-2018||27-10-2018||No||No||Vegetarian (if possible)|
|Anxhelo Lushka||Anxhelo Lushka||25-10-2018||29-10-2018||No|
|Klaus-Jürgen Weghorn||(k-j)||27-10-2018||27-10-2018||No||No||No||No||No||No||only Saturday|
|Brian Osborn||bosbornlinuxnewmedia.com||26-10-2018||26-10-2018||No||No||No||No||No||No||only Friday|
|Katja Sutter||katja.suttercib.de||26-10-2018||26-10-2018||No||No||No||No||No||No||only Friday|
|Kerem||(registered on meetup.com)||?||?||?||?||?||?||?||?||?|
If you are planning to attend the Hackfest with your family, please share with us your needs (feel free to poke me -> deneb_alpha) and some information about the required support.
- Heiko Tietze: Bug tdf#120906 solved, roadmap and code pointers to solve tdf#49437, tons of reviews
- Michael Weghorn: Bug tdf#120453 solved.
- Michael Stahl
- experimented with hooking rr into Eclipse / QtCreator IDEs (results see How to Debug page)
- discussion with Heiko about table autoformats in the user profile and caption dialog / sequence variable compatibility issue
- adding code pointers to a few easy hacks
- Izabela Bakollari: First build, gerrit setup, commited a change for tdf#42982 and tdf#88205 each.
- setup icecream, building with that
- Michael Stahl - svx: remove newly unused XFillExchangeData - core commit 1132e59172f7beca5a39653cf9ee448f9f4577b1
- Michael Stahl - tdf#119235 svx,sd: fix drag&drop from ColorBar - core commit 0a6813ad5d57d0df72562c797a8b0581bfd65a11
- Armin Le Grand - tdf#115296 extend vertical FrameBorders for joined Frames - core commit e89e8941e114d4d1adf76df995a3f1a8d1bff4b1
- went over borderline regression meta bug
- longer discussion with Heiko, syncing on what is possible and what not - tdf#120722 (handle sizes on HiDPI screens)
- discussion with Bjoern on c++ mentoring
- Andreas Kainz - tdf#119773 update sd table context menu - core commit 85985a6ad85ebd3debf63e286dacbe5945178796
- on gerrit: print preview bugfix
- keyboard navigation for notebookbar, in progress
- tried tackling chart bug with notebookbar - tdf#
- updated popup menus, for text, table, and some more - to be more consistent & useful
- Andreas Kainz - contect menu sw drawtext remove OpenHyperlinkOnCursor - core commit 45a78e5c89e923a6f5e2a37aeeb8367099e6b094
- Michael Stahl - tdf#120376 sd: fix duplicated styles on copy/paste - core commit be9f3db2306150a37ef18e4ccc8d8f4a1934c5c1
- Christian Lohmaier - simplify personas generation by using a single template - core commit 3cccff0bbd17ecd4ce386c9eaea06bfa3d14115b
- Christian Lohmaier - pocheck: don't choke on plural forms - core commit b44b9c4519794d159b154a9713c10da1155a5198
- Markus Mohrhard - uitest: integrate the calc input bar into the ui testing - core commit 5894c09af1d37874953f1b4bbf9e0e19c77b92b3
- improving crash reporter backend, move jobs to cloud instance
- Michael Weghorn - tdf#120453 Preserve literal '&' in Qt menu texts - core commit 5690acdb44e8017055bb88e86e19d207836bb95c
- Samuel Mehrbrodt:
- Polish and release LOEclipse 3.0 with Python extensions support
- Created a website for LOEclipse - https://libreoffice.github.io/loeclipse/
- Fix for menubar showing up when closing a window - core commit 81695542af1dc2cc74f16a1ce4b4dd540a64817b
- Cloph: fixed various notebookbar crashes & problems
- trying some compiler cache solutions for Windows
- plus some packaging improvements
- Anxhelo: discussing with Heiko wrt. branding, align TDF branding with LibreOffice branding
- UX fixing - on disk, will push
- Régis: looking into uitests with Moggi
- Bachka: built LibreOffice for the first time
- looking into writing Mongolian improvements, lots of things to do
- interested in levelling up his c++
- Paul: fixed copy and paste bug, on gerrit, currently on an undo bugfix, in progress
- Bjoern: setup Visual Studio Code, lots of mentoring with Izabella, looked at crashers in notebookbar, proposed fix
- Julius and Mike strategizing a bit about local events in Munich, some activism ideas,
- street life festival, twice a year, Julius is there representing FSFE, WikiMedia also there
- invites LibreOffice to have a booth there
- Jan-Marek Glogowski
- more refactoring of font and glyph handling
- Breaking the Gtk3 backend on startup with assertions tdf#120982, when it tries to get glyphs without a font
- Analyzing broken scaled icons on Windows tdf#119020
- Dennis Roczek
After Action Reports