General Release Meeting
This page is dedicated to the organization of meetings that should take place before a major release. The aim of this meeting is to make sure that nothing is left in the corner and to allow all projects to have a better communication flow.
The dedicated marketing channel on irc will be used for these meetings.
- Check your IRC access, general information concerning this technology you can get here:
- Join the #libreoffice-mkt channel on the freenode server.
January 14 2015 15:00 UTC - the meeting will last 1 hour.
- Easy-to-use link for various timezone offsets: 2015-01-14 15:00 UTC
Agenda of the meeting
- IDEAL DATE OF RELEASE: January 28
- Prepare the general messaging for this release
- Prepare the press release and the infographics
- first draft on January 16
- Prepare a short and a long video, based on a slide deck, to be also used at FOSDEM
- First version on January 23
- Collect press release translation in Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Flemish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brasil + Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Set up media pre-briefings the week before the announcement for January 26/27, with embargo on January 28
- Pick the 5 top functions
- Check what's needed for release notes page
- Check the different tasks (site, security bulletin, BZ, etc)
- Readme update