This page contains information about the Goals of the QA/Team.
Why have Goals?
The QA Team has chosen various goals in an attempt to create a fun and focused work environment. Having a written set of goals helps both the members of the Team and new visitors/contributors understand what we're aiming to accomplish.
A specific set of goals makes it easier for people to join-in and feel a sense of purpose and accomplishment.
There are many goals of the LibreOffice project, perhaps chief among them distributing a high-quality FLOSS office suite to everyone in the world. The QA Team has chosen several of its own goals:
Triage all bugs within 60 days
- Proposed by: Joel
- Robinson agrees with the spirit of the goal (but is concerned about having enough warm bodies to make it happen)
Provide a happy, fun, and respectful work environment
- Proposed by: Robinson
- (This might be more of a Rule than a Goal...)
- A happy and fun work environment will encourage more people to join our merry band.
- Being respectful of others is key to making everyone feel welcome. Coincidentally, this will probably encourage more people to contribute (Hmm...I sense a trend).
Make meetings accessible and transparent to all
- Proposed by: Joel, Robinson
- Get as many past meetings as possible in new wiki format, including agendas + minutes
- Make sure that people can access the meeting (via phone, Skype, computer, IRC, etc...)
How to Add/Remove/Change Goals
Suggestions here? The current method is:
- Go to a QA Meeting and propose some changes!