- General for this release candidate: parallel installation
- With this release candidate, you have to use the 'parallel installation' to install it alongside the stable LibreOffice, and not replacing it. Pls see here.
- Linux deb and rpm:
- please, read detailed instructions for different distributions
- the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 3.3, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- the Debian packages now use the lower release number "5" instead of "103" - similar to RPMs and the Windows installer.
- If you notice undesirable interactions between LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org, please report this as a bug.
- The Windows multi-language installer as well as the langpacks do only contain localized UI. By default, LibreOffice uses online help - if you need help files on your disk, please install the helppack for your language. If there is no helppack for your language (because help has not been translated to your language), then you can install and use English helppack or check the online help in any available language.
The Document Foundation intends to consolidate on the branding of the product. RC3 therefore has no BrOffice-named installation sets anymore.
See the ChangeLog file for the list of changes.
A list of reported bugs is available from the Bug Tracker.