- Linux deb and rpm:
- please, read detailed instructions for different distributions
- updates should work from 3.3 Beta and RC builds. Please, remove 3.3 Beta2 or older before you start the installation of this RC.
- Once you have Beta3 or later installed on Windows you should be able to install OpenOffice.org or vice verse without mixing them up.
- Expect some confusion concerning which application is launched (OOo or LO) when documents are double-clicked in the Explorer.
- If you notice undesirable interactions between LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org, please report this as a bug.
- The Windows multi-language installer as well as the langpacks do only contain localized UI. By default, LibreOffice uses online help - if you need help files on your disk, please install the helppack for your language.
The Document Foundation intends to consolidate on the branding of the product. Therefore the plan is to ship only LibreOffice-branded binaries, going forward - beta1 though still has the BrOffice-branded versions.
See the NEWS file for list of changes.