< ReleasesJump to navigation Jump to search
- General for this release candidate: parallel installation
- LibreOffice release candidate builds always replace an old LibreOffice installation - unless:
- With this release candidate, you have to use the 'parallel installation' to install it alongside the stable LibreOffice, and not replace it. Please see here.
- Linux deb and rpm:
- please, read detailed instructions for different distributions
- the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 3.4, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- If you notice undesirable interactions between LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org, please report this as a bug.
- The Windows multi-language installer as well as the langpacks do only contain localized UI. By default, LibreOffice uses online help - if you need help files on your disk, please install the helppack for your language. If there is no helppack for your language (because help has not been translated to your language), then you can install and use the English helppack or check the online help in any available language.
In LibreOffice 3.5 a different encryption will be introduced. LibreOffice 3.4.5 enables you to open those files.
See the release notes page.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed against Beta3
- 256x256 Windows icons tdf#39555 [Andras Timar]
- add 256x256 desktop and MIME type icons tdf#39555, bnc#722644 [Petr Mladek]
- contination of 8a17792f2e5 (Handle/invalid column ID cleanup) tdf#44283 [Lionel Elie Mamane]
- copy pivot tables when a sheet is copied. tdf#43077 [Kohei Yoshida]
- defer formula token conversion for defined names (xls import). tdf#42624 [Kohei Yoshida]
- do the same for BIFF5 and earlier. tdf#42624 [Kohei Yoshida]
- drop attributes FRAME and RULES of for HTML 3.2 tdf#44616 [Takeshi Abe]
- finally, remove data cache when nobody references it. tdf#43077 [Kohei Yoshida]
- fix UpdateCheck clog up server by keeping connection alive rhbz#544619 [Thorsten Behrens]
- fix prefix of command line switches (-- instead of -) tdf#40991 [Andras Timar]
- fix rotation of shapes in imported MS documents tdf#43193 [Ivan Timofeev]
- fix unfortunate name alias mixups with DejaVu fonts tdf#44078 [Caolán McNamara]
- fixed crasher in dialog destructor tdf#38515 [Cédric Bosdonnat]
- have cache instance keep track of who is referencing it. tdf#43077 [Kohei Yoshida]
- implement RTF import progressbar tdf#38057 [Miklos Vajna]
- improve RTF import of table cell spacings tdf#41034 [Miklos Vajna]
- no need to update the source range when it's a named range. tdf#44661 [Kohei Yoshida]
- now, refreshing a table should refresh all linked tables. tdf#43077 [Kohei Yoshida]
- partial revert of "...template names appear... correct word order" tdf#43532 [Stephan Bergmann]
- properly update range keys for pivot cache. tdf#44661 [Kohei Yoshida]
- sheet 0 is selected by default. tdf#44147 [Kohei Yoshida]
- text rotation fixes. bnc#734734 [Muthu Subramanian]
- the "Open..." button's more room problem solved tdf#33794 [Tomcsik Bence]
- vcl: isolate new attempt to count monitors as screens to gtk3 tdf#43458 [Michael Meeks]
- vcl: second part of fix for - get xrandr / y positioning right tdf#43458 [Michael Meeks]
- why not showing horizontal scrollbar when needed? tdf#30788 [Cédric Bosdonnat]