From The Document Foundation Wiki
- General for this release candidate: parallel installation
- LibreOffice release candidate builds always replace an old LibreOffice installation - unless:
- With this release candidate, you have to use the 'parallel installation' to install it alongside the stable LibreOffice, and not replace it. Please see here.
- Linux deb and rpm:
- please, read detailed instructions for different distributions
- the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 3.4, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- If you notice undesirable interactions between LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org, please report this as a bug.
- The Windows multi-language installer as well as the langpacks do only contain localized UI. By default, LibreOffice uses online help - if you need help files on your disk, please install the helppack for your language. If there is no helppack for your language (because help has not been translated to your language), then you can install and use the English helppack or check the online help in any available language.
In LibreOffice 3.5 a different encryption will be introduced. LibreOffice 3.4.5 enables you to open those files.
See the release notes page.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed against RC1
- accomodate localized text expansion tdf#44896 [Andras Timar]
- also export list restart for non root list rhbz#746174 [Michael Stahl]
- changed postgresql-sdbc from bundled oxt to proper optional part. tdf#45090 [Stephan Bergmann]
- connectivity: fix crash on DISTINCT: tdf#43479 [Michael Stahl]
- don't replace NULLs given by the database by type-default values tdf#44813 [Lionel Elie Mamane]
- fix ( hopefully ) viewing artifacts in input line tdf#44391 [Noel Power]
- fix RTF import of \paperh and \paperw tdf#44983 [Miklos Vajna]
- fix VIEWING: Crash when page preview after <f4> (data sources) tdf#44040 [Julien Nabet]
- fix for bug New Math symbols issues in Windows tdf#44110 [Olivier Hallot]
- fix incomplete updating of the page preview pane in Draw tdf#43705 [Ivan Timofeev]
- force calculating layout before Activate to avoid crashes and loops tdf#40438 [Cédric Bosdonnat]
- mSI installer l10n bug tdf#44915 [Andras Timar]
- make older Duden Korrektor work with LO tdf#37561 [Fridrich Štrba]
- make the refresh query filter NULL-safe tdf#44813 [Lionel Elie Mamane]
- make these strings localizable again tdf#44947 [David Tardon]
- mozilla-libreoffice mislabeled as OpenOffice.org Plug-in lp#711673 [Bjoern Michaelsen]
- named range should overwrite existing name. tdf#44831 [Kohei Yoshida]
- order database properties so that opening it in writer works bnc#740032 [Luboš Luňák]
- package stlport on Windows when requested tdf#37561 [Fridrich Štrba]
- remove duplicate icons from soffice.bin/soffice.exe tdf#37740 [Andras Timar]
- repair dbaccess::ORowSetCache::isLast() after matrix (re)fill tdf#44025 [Lionel Elie Mamane]
- resolved Calc export to HTML with graphics failed tdf#45032 [Eike Rathke]
- resolved crash in ScMatrix::GetDimensons() from ScInterpreter rhbz#783556 [Eike Rathke]
- restore special DATE handling code for SbxValue::Compute tdf#44385 [Noel Power]
- skew artificial fonts before glyph or layout rotation tdf#44856 [Caolán McNamara]
- remove ~ tdf#45037 [Andras Timar]