- General for this release candidate: parallel installation
- LibreOffice release candidate builds always replace an old LibreOffice installation - unless:
- With this release candidate, you have to use the 'parallel installation' to install it alongside the stable LibreOffice, and not replace it. Please see here.
- Linux deb and rpm:
- please, read detailed instructions for different distributions
- the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 3.4, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- If you notice undesirable interactions between LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org, please report this as a bug.
- The Windows multi-language installer as well as the langpacks do only contain localized UI. By default, LibreOffice uses online help - if you need help files on your disk, please install the helppack for your language. If there is no helppack for your language (because help has not been translated to your language), then you can install and use the English helppack or check the online help in any available language.
In LibreOffice 3.5 a different encryption will be introduced. LibreOffice 3.4.5 enables you to open those files.
See the release notes page.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed against RC2
- country code 'IN' is not in use for these locales tdf#45107, tdf#44208 [Andras Timar]
- differentiate numeric and non-numeric field member values. tdf#45067 [Kohei Yoshida]
- don't delete thread while it is still running, tdf#45401 [Markus Mohrhard]
- fix Don't paint a frame around the list of edit boxes. tdf#42543 [Jan Holesovsky]
- hide all the page breaks of the pages before the first visible one tdf#44836 [Cédric Bosdonnat]
- keep cells with broadcasters alive during deletion. tdf#44143 [Kohei Yoshida]
- more robust references merging tdf#35669 [Cédric Bosdonnat]
- properly merge ref fields in master documents tdf#35669 [Cédric Bosdonnat]
- query remaining stream size after seeking, not before tdf#45255 [Luboš Luňák]
- revert publishing of lots of UNO types. i#117329 [Norbert Thiebaud]
- scTableSheetObj::findAll does not return the correct range, tdf#43462 [Markus Mohrhard]
- svxBorderLine::GuessLinesWidths: tdf#38542 [Michael Stahl]
- sw: ODF import: divide width by 3 for "double" borders tdf#38542 [Michael Stahl]
- sw: ODF import: prevent border width overriding: tdf#38542 [Michael Stahl]
- use integers rather than booleans tdf#45453 [Lionel Elie Mamane]
- use proper sizes for SQL(Get|Set)StmtAttr tdf#34432 [Lionel Elie Mamane]
- use the old rtf importer for paste tdf#43869 [Miklos Vajna]