From The Document Foundation Wiki
- General for this release candidate: parallel installation
- LibreOffice release candidate builds always replace an old LibreOffice installation - unless:
- With this release candidate, you have to use the 'parallel installation' to install it alongside the stable LibreOffice, and not replace it. Please see here.
- Linux deb and rpm:
- please, read detailed instructions for different distributions
- the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 3.4, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- If you notice undesirable interactions between LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org, please report this as a bug.
- Starting with 3.5.3, LibreOffice windows installers are signed by The Document Foundation.
- The Windows multi-language installer as well as the langpacks do only contain localized UI. By default, LibreOffice uses online help - if you need help files on your disk, please install the helppack for your language. If there is no helppack for your language (because help has not been translated to your language), then you can install and use the English helppack or check the online help in any available language.
In LibreOffice 3.5 a different encryption is introduced. LibreOffice 3.4.5 enables you to open those files.
See the release notes page.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed against 3.5.3 rc1
- fix find toolbar X error handling tdf#46687 [Michael Meeks]
- add unit test for Converter::convertDouble tdf#48969 [Michael Stahl]
- border paint ordering: tdf#45562, tdf#47717, tdf#42750 [Michael Stahl]
- default to Office 2007/2010 filter for ooxml export, tdf#48941 [Markus Mohrhard]
- duplicated characters in PDF import tdf#45848 [Korrawit Pruegsanusak]
- fix RTF import of special unicode characters tdf#48356 [Miklos Vajna]
- getConversionFactor: add inch as source unit tdf#48969 [Michael Stahl]
- ignore corrupted items in Recent Documents tdf#46074 [Stephan Bergmann]
- paint borders in SwFlyFrm::Paint: tdf#45562 [Michael Stahl]
- resolved update sheet-local named expressions correctly tdf#48856 [Eike Rathke]
- switch units in Converter::convertDouble tdf#48969 [Michael Stahl]