< ReleasesJump to navigation Jump to search
- General for this release candidate: parallel installation
- LibreOffice release candidate builds always replace an old LibreOffice installation - unless:
- With this release candidate, you have to use the 'parallel installation' to install it alongside the stable LibreOffice, and not replace it. Please see here.
- Linux deb and rpm:
- please, read detailed instructions for different distributions
- the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 3.4, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- If you notice undesirable interactions between LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org, please report this as a bug.
- Starting with 3.5.3, LibreOffice windows installers are signed by The Document Foundation.
- The Windows multi-language installer as well as the langpacks do only contain localized UI. By default, LibreOffice uses online help - if you need help files on your disk, please install the helppack for your language. If there is no helppack for your language (because help has not been translated to your language), then you can install and use the English helppack or check the online help in any available language.
In LibreOffice 3.5 a different encryption is introduced. LibreOffice 3.4.5 enables you to open those files.
See the release notes page.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed against 3.5.5 RC1
- tdf#30519 Bad transitions if "use hardware acceleration" is enabled [David Tardon]
- tdf#41556 VIEWING: Incomplete font substitution when FontConfig matches italic font [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#43967 VIEWING: legacy report designer wizard improperly formats dates [Lionel Elie Mamane]
- tdf#46738 Cell background and border color formatting information of empty cells lost in particular document after FILESAVE as xls and xlsx [Petr Mladek]
- tdf#47636 Extremely slow display with font fallback [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#48601 FILEOPEN: Open Visio's file with bitmap's blocks [Julien Nabet, Fridrich Štrba]
- tdf#48602 FILEOPEN: The Greek codepage instead the Russian codepage (*.vsd by MS_Visio-2000) [Fridrich Štrba]
- tdf#49178 CRASH when FILEOPEN particular RTF [Julien Nabet]
- tdf#49582 FILESAVE: Long delays saving in XP .XLS format [Petr Mladek]
- tdf#50603 Unable to update LibreOffice without resetting user profile [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#50988 Draw crashes on loading MS Logical Design Diagram example viso file. [Julien Nabet]
- tdf#51243 Trying to edit a report from new (but awful) Report Builder hangs libreoffice [Lionel Elie Mamane]
- tdf#51249 Crash while saving a document with track-changes enabled [Pierre-Eric Pelloux-Prayer]
- tdf#51270 On UNINSTALLING, LibreOffice leaves dirt behind [Andras Timar]
- rhbz#678440 opening urls fails with error 403 on picky servers [Fridrich Štrba, Stephan Bergmann]