From The Document Foundation Wiki
- General for this Beta: parallel installation
- This Beta release will install in parallel to your existing LibreOffice installation.
- Linux deb and rpm:
- please, read detailed instructions for different distributions
- the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 3.5, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- Ubuntu package prelease (easily installable, not for use on productive system): http://www.webupd8.org/2012/06/libreoffice-360-beta-1-released-ubuntu.html
- If you notice undesirable interactions between LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org, please report this as a bug.
- LibreOffice windows installers are signed by The Document Foundation.
- The Windows multi-language installer as well as the langpacks do only contain localized UI. By default, LibreOffice uses online help - if you need help files on your disk, please install the helppack for your language. If there is no helppack for your language (because help has not been translated to your language), then you can install and use the English helppack or check the online help in any available language.
- In LibreOffice 3.6 a different encryption is enabled by default. Since version 3.4.5, LibreOffice is able to open those files. See the release notes page.
- Starting with LibreOffice 3.6, there's more fine-grained control over ODF compatibility for legacy consumers, via a new ODF 1.2 compatibility mode. See the release notes page.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed against 3.6.0 beta1
- bnc#325936 Picture background setting ignored [Miklos Vajna]
- bnc#705956 rework handling the case of recursive ooxml shapes again [Luboš Luňák]
- bnc#750935 section break and page style conversion problem [Miklos Vajna]
- bnc#757609 import vmlshape 'hidden' style attribute and apply to controls [Noel Power]
- bnc#757905 SwLineLayout::CalcLine: improve line height calculation [Miklos Vajna]
- bnc#766477 dmapper: import NS_ooxml::LN_CT_FFCheckBox_default [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#30519 Bad transitions if "use hardware acceleration" is enabled [David Tardon]
- tdf#35972 Small size icon setting is ignored. [Ivan Timofeev]
- tdf#38116 FILESAVE as .doc destroys frame border properties [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#42379 Toolbar item clipped [Ivan Timofeev]
- tdf#42405 toolbars may become irrevocably locked in place [Ivan Timofeev]
- tdf#43249 FILEOPEN: Frame borders not shown in .doc file [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#43967 VIEWING: legacy report designer wizard improperly formats dates [Lionel Elie Mamane]
- tdf#46757 Words and Character excluding spaces Word Count incorrect with Record Changes enabled [Muhammad Haggag]
- tdf#47044 LibreOffice crashed when accessing Options / Internet / Proxy or Browser Plug-in settings [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#48601 FILEOPEN: Open Visio's file with bitmap's blocks [Julien Nabet, Fridrich Štrba]
- tdf#48647 ugly hairline double border drawing [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#49178 CRASH when FILEOPEN particular RTF [Julien Nabet]
- tdf#49438 TABLES: drawing layer doesn't paint thin borders in Writer if anti-aliasing disabled [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#49659 rtf header, tables, pagenumber are wrong [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#49724 Update filters for file selector's file type categories [Alberto Ferreira]
- tdf#50087 FILEOPEN properties Title, Subject, Comments (File>Properties ..> Description) no longer imported in rtf document [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#50141 Word Count Characters (with spaces) incorrect with Numbering on [Muhammad Haggag]
- tdf#50603 Unable to update LibreOffice without resetting user profile [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#50679 EDITING: Copying cell(s) with conditional formatting CRASH when paste [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#50868 Libvisio: Draw Crash/Freeze on loading MS Lync Server 2010 Topology Sample Visio Files [Fridrich Štrba]
- tdf#50868 Draw Crash/Freeze on loading MS Lync Server 2010 Topology Sample Visio Files [Fridrich Štrba]
- tdf#50896 Writer crash when applying an AutoFormat to a table [David Tardon]
- tdf#50964 Fix PresenterConsole - missing all images... [Michael Meeks]
- tdf#50988 Draw crashes on loading MS Logical Design Diagram example viso file. [Julien Nabet]
- tdf#51017 ODFF: implement missing imaginary functions [Regina Henschel]
- tdf#51046 New about dialog - pressing left or right arrow focuses wrong button [Andras Timar]
- i#81127 Get rid of -fsigned-char [Caolán McNamara, Rene Engelhard]
- rhbz#678440 opening urls fails with error 403 on picky servers [Stephan Bergmann]
- rhbz#820554 smoketest fails on ppc64 [Caolán McNamara]
- rhbz#826609 fix smoketest on ppc and s390[x] [Caolán McNamara]