From The Document Foundation Wiki
- General for this release candidate: parallel installation
- LibreOffice release candidate builds always replace an old LibreOffice installation - unless:
- With this release candidate, you have to use the 'parallel installation' to install it alongside the stable LibreOffice, and not replace it. Please see here.
- Linux deb and rpm:
- please, read detailed instructions for different distributions
- the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 3.5, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- If you notice undesirable interactions between LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org, please report this as a bug.
- LibreOffice windows installers are signed by The Document Foundation.
- The Windows multi-language installer as well as the langpacks do only contain localized UI. By default, LibreOffice uses online help - if you need help files on your disk, please install the helppack for your language. If there is no helppack for your language (because help has not been translated to your language), then you can install and use the English helppack or check the online help in any available language.
- In LibreOffice 3.6 a different encryption is enabled by default. Since version 3.4.5, LibreOffice is able to open those files. See the release notes page.
- Starting with LibreOffice 3.6, there's more fine-grained control over ODF compatibility for legacy consumers, via a new ODF 1.2 compatibility mode. See the release notes page.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed against 3.6.0 RC1
- tdf#35953 resize controls on Solver dialog of Calc [Andras Timar]
- tdf#36187 make ctrl-8 and 9 increase/decrease font size in Swedish [Andras Timar]
- tdf#45260 objects having line thickness misplaced while pasting. [Muthu Subramanian]
- tdf#45355 stale gdi font handles apparently still used [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#47021 revert "attempt fix of hang on base close, due to solarmutex deadlock on join" [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#47947 data Form dialog layout fix [Andras Timar]
- tdf#50304 revert "fix excel row height export problems ( I hope ) " [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#50800 populate composedCommandNames ASAP, not at call of getFromClause [Lionel Elie Mamane]
- tdf#51143 do not wrap CannotActivateFactoryException as DeploymentException [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#51239 refresh row lazily (when data is requested) [Lionel Elie Mamane]
- tdf#51278 make reportbuilder work again [David Tardon]
- tdf#51793 FormatNumber can handle sal_uInt32 values after all... [Cédric Bosdonnat]
- tdf#51831 use correct value to check for min and max, [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#51834 disable edit field for min and max type, [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#51852 temporary, band-aid fix. [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#51859 show comments in the navigator, [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#51954 -1 is small while STRING_NOTFOUND was great [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#52000 take website url from configuration [Andras Timar]
- tdf#52013 use vector::insert instead [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#52020 ICU breakiterator not used for Khmer [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#52090 update Danish dictionaries (2.1) [Andras Timar]
- tdf#52107 prevent double delete in calc's html parser, [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#52143 use Unicode functions for QuickStarter tooltip [Andras Timar]
- tdf#521512 fix presenter console display switching [Michael Meeks]
- i#112978 objects having line thickness misplaced while pasting. [Muthu Subramanian]