From The Document Foundation Wiki
- General for this release candidate: parallel installation
- LibreOffice release candidate builds always replace an old LibreOffice installation - unless:
- With this release candidate, you have to use the 'parallel installation' to install it alongside the stable LibreOffice, and not replace it. Please see here.
- Linux deb and rpm:
- please, read detailed instructions for different distributions
- the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 3.5, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- If you notice undesirable interactions between LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org, please report this as a bug.
- LibreOffice windows installers are signed by The Document Foundation.
- The Windows multi-language installer as well as the langpacks do only contain localized UI. By default, LibreOffice uses online help - if you need help files on your disk, please install the helppack for your language. If there is no helppack for your language (because help has not been translated to your language), then you can install and use the English helppack or check the online help in any available language.
- In LibreOffice 3.6 a different encryption is enabled by default. Since version 3.4.5, LibreOffice is able to open those files. See the release notes page.
- Starting with LibreOffice 3.6, there's more fine-grained control over ODF compatibility for legacy consumers, via a new ODF 1.2 compatibility mode. See the release notes page.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed against 3.6.0 RC2
- tdf#38056 ODF import: Page Borders handling broken [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#39812 TABLE borders do not terminate where they should with merged cells [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#44534 EDITING: Connectors cannot be selected [David Tardon]
- tdf#47368 Many crashes when accessibility enabled on MacOS X [Michael Meeks]
- tdf#48096 torn off color popups cause interaction difficulties in other windows [Thorsten Behrens]
- tdf#50631 Vertical rulers completely unreadable on MacOS X [Thorsten Behrens]
- tdf#50975 3.6.0b1: Segfault when accessing the LO About dialog with librsvg ≈ 2.16 [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#51252 LO cannot start (reports runtime error with Visual C++ Runtime Library) [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#51772 general I/O error when opening a RTF file [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#51890 On MacOS X, the progress bar and the new splash screen graphics are mis-aligned [Stefan Knorr (astron)]
- tdf#51943 OSX: Text color setting is broken [Thorsten Behrens]
- tdf#52205 EDITING: Regression: reference to CSV becomes a string, not an integer [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#52232 Hidden MediaWiki options page [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#52240 [Task] EDITING: Incomplete Date values are no longer detected [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#52241 Numbered bibliographies no longer work with more than a few entries [David Tardon]
- tdf#52340 EDITING: CRASH when Copy+Paste row with conditional formatting to other sheet and back to inserted row [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#52399 EDITING: Report-Builder does not show any properties [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#52427 UI of Database Report Builder mostly without translations [David Tardon]