TDF LibreOffice Document Liberation Project Community Blogs Weblate Nextcloud Redmine Ask LibreOffice Donate
- General for this release candidate: parallel installation
- LibreOffice release candidate builds always replace an old LibreOffice installation - unless:
- With this release candidate, you have to use the 'parallel installation' to install it alongside the stable LibreOffice, and not replace it. Please see here.
- Linux deb and rpm:
- please, read detailed instructions for different distributions
- the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 3.5, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- If you notice undesirable interactions between LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org, please report this as a bug.
- LibreOffice windows installers are signed by The Document Foundation.
- The Windows multi-language installer as well as the langpacks do only contain localized UI. By default, LibreOffice uses online help - if you need help files on your disk, please install the helppack for your language. If there is no helppack for your language (because help has not been translated to your language), then you can install and use the English helppack or check the online help in any available language.
- In LibreOffice 3.6 a different encryption is enabled by default. Since version 3.4.5, LibreOffice is able to open those files. See the release notes page.
- Starting with LibreOffice 3.6, there's more fine-grained control over ODF compatibility for legacy consumers, via a new ODF 1.2 compatibility mode. See the release notes page.
A list of annoying bugs still contained in this version is available from Bugzilla, the full list of reported bugs is here.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed against 3.6.1 RC1
- tdf#46249 CRASH when browse to HD root directory in FILEOPEN Template dialog [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#47434 FILEOPEN pptx arrows are shifted to the left [Muthu Subramanian]
- tdf#49919 Don't default to desktop pollution [Jan Holesovsky]
- tdf#52078 shlxthdl_x64.dll/shlxthdl.dll causes Windows Explorer to CRASH repeatedly when Flat ODF file is in view [Andras Timar]
- tdf#53175 FILEOPEN error reading Content (TOC) from a DOCX [Cedric Bosdonnat]
- tdf#53252 UI: CRASH when edit LibO File Dialog Path Pane [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#53280 FILE SAVE AS: Can not edit read-only file after SAVE AS [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#53325 FILEOPEN "CSV" import not correctly recognizing space and text field delimiters, i.e. web log file [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#53339 LO 3.6 crashes when saving complex ods as xls [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#53655 Install 3.6.1 RC 1 on 3.6.0 RC4, causes crash on startup [Stephan Bergmann]