- General for this release candidate: parallel installation
- LibreOffice release candidate builds always replace an old LibreOffice installation - unless:
- With this release candidate, you have to use the 'parallel installation' to install it alongside the stable LibreOffice, and not replace it. Please see here.
- Linux deb and rpm:
- please, read detailed instructions for different distributions
- the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 3.5, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- If you notice undesirable interactions between LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org, please report this as a bug.
- LibreOffice windows installers are signed by The Document Foundation.
- The Windows multi-language installer as well as the langpacks do only contain localized UI. By default, LibreOffice uses online help - if you need help files on your disk, please install the helppack for your language. If there is no helppack for your language (because help has not been translated to your language), then you can install and use the English helppack or check the online help in any available language.
- In LibreOffice 3.6 a different encryption is enabled by default. Since version 3.4.5, LibreOffice is able to open those files. See the release notes page.
- Starting with LibreOffice 3.6, there's more fine-grained control over ODF compatibility for legacy consumers, via a new ODF 1.2 compatibility mode. See the release notes page.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed against 3.6.2 RC1
- tdf#37529 clear DataColumns read-only information when we clear DataColumns [Lionel Elie Mamane]
- tdf#42450 fix crash in SwXTextSection::attach: [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#44721 protect against negative calculated height value [Lionel Elie Mamane]
- fdo#45366 exception while importing xlsx. [Muthu Subramanian]
- tdf#49819 do not consider timestamp differences as corruption [Fridrich Štrba]
- tdf#52535 rows with cond formats don't have empty background, [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#53006 displaying help/version early on UNX requires service manager [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#54349 shrink to used area for duplicate codn format, [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#54385 displaying help/version early on UNX requires service manager [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#54498 fix crash when updating conditional formats, [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#54553 broadcaster cells are empty, [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#54609 exception while importing xlsx. [Muthu Subramanian, Fridrich Štrba]
- tdf#54661 rows with cond formats don't have empty background, [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#54749 don't add old cond formats if new ones are already loaded, [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#55059 use correct cell for broadcasting, [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#55066 import values and formulas from lotus-123, [Markus Mohrhard]