From The Document Foundation Wiki
- General for this release candidate: parallel installation
- LibreOffice release candidate builds always replace an old LibreOffice installation - unless:
- With this release candidate, you have to use the 'parallel installation' to install it alongside the stable LibreOffice, and not replace it. Please see here.
- Linux deb and rpm:
- please, read detailed instructions for different distributions
- the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 3.5, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- If you notice undesirable interactions between LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org, please report this as a bug.
- LibreOffice windows installers are signed by The Document Foundation.
- The Windows multi-language installer as well as the langpacks do only contain localized UI. By default, LibreOffice uses online help - if you need help files on your disk, please install the helppack for your language. If there is no helppack for your language (because help has not been translated to your language), then you can install and use the English helppack or check the online help in any available language.
- In LibreOffice 3.6 a different encryption is enabled by default. Since version 3.4.5, LibreOffice is able to open those files. See the release notes page.
- Starting with LibreOffice 3.6, there's more fine-grained control over ODF compatibility for legacy consumers, via a new ODF 1.2 compatibility mode. See the release notes page.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed against 3.6.6
- tdf#33281 PDF Export: Rotated DRAW Vertical Text Objects shown with extreme narrow kerning and other problems [Zhe Wang]
- tdf#39066 Hyperlinks are missing after closing [Chr. Rossmanith]
- tdf#43105 regression: WW8 nested table import [Bjoern Michaelsen]
- tdf#47209 In SQL mode in Queries, Base crashes when a second SELECT followed by quotes is entered. [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#47951 Mailmerge creates some duplicates with old Mail merge dialog (only for flat text file driver .?) [Lionel Elie Mamane]
- tdf#48039 Cross-references in Master Document report Error: Reference source not found [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#48056 FILEOPEN Report with charts fails with Message "Failed to parse the report" [Lionel Elie Mamane]
- tdf#52179 Libreoffice base copies from wrong row of a read-only table control with Ctrl+C [Lionel Elie Mamane]
- tdf#53163 Crosshatching is spilling out of objects when printed/pdf exported [David Tardon]
- tdf#54087 Firefox plugin not recognized in LibO 3.6 (regression) [Andras Timar]
- tdf#55814 Condition for hidden section replaced by "0" [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#56583 Impress crashes when presentation starts (dual-head, no Xinerama) [Michael Meeks]
- tdf#56772 FILTER: CALC moves some column content to another cell with some HTML file [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#57079 Crash Using Edit Contour dialog and then changing Configuration [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#59850 EDITING: typed date decreased one day [Isamu Mogi]
- tdf#60300 PIVOTTABLE: Calc crashing when using GETPIVOTDATA on pivottable that has automatic subtotals [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#60468 FILEOPEN: CSV cannot handle field using embedded tab and line breaks altogether [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#60967 EDITING: Table shortcut Ctrl+Shift+Del ineffective cannot delete following paragraph of a table [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#62110 configure fails because libGLU needs -lGL to link [Benedikt Morbach]
- tdf#62288 RTF: Gap added inside tables (regression) [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#62617 displaying of object groups having subobjects on different layers is broken [David Tardon]
- tdf#62965 EDITING: image contour editing crashes [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#63403 EDITING: Calc crash when entering single cell matrix formula with ROW() or COLUMN() [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#63421 PIVOTTABLE: Crash while using pivot table with accessibility enabled [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#63693 Forced 32 bits java VM even bulding the SDK for a x64 target [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#63805 EDITING: 'Autofill - Date - Months' wrong if day of month exceeds max. days of month [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#64150 FILEOPEN crash opening document with text:p child of draw:frame [Lionel Elie Mamane]
- tdf#64384 SUBTOTAL function fails with scalar as 2nd parameter [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#64639 Calc chart removeByName crash [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#64652 allow autocorrect entries longer than 30 digits [Andras Timar]
- tdf#65039 UI: Oxygen theme has wrong icon for Power regression [Andras Timar]
- tdf#65082 RATE() function produces different results as some versions of MS Office [Eike Rathke]
- i#120627 the text on the Y axis is reversed when export ppt file to PDF format [Zhe Wang]
- i#15090 RATE function does not work properly [Eike Rathke]
- rhbz#862467 [abrt] libreoffice-core-126.96.36.199-2.fc17: OOXMLFastContextHandlerMath::process killed by signal 11 (SIGSEGV) [Caolán McNamara]
- rhbz#867808 do not throw RuntimeException by pointer [Stephan Bergmann]
- rhbz#908819 [abrt] libreoffice-core-188.8.131.52-8.fc18: ~Exception -> __cxxabiv1::__cxa_pure_virtual: Process /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin was killed by signal 6 (SIGABRT) [Stephan Bergmann]
- rhbz#918544 [abrt] libreoffice-core-184.108.40.206-2.fc18: ScCondFormatManagerDlg::EditBtnHdl(void*): Process /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin was killed by signal 11 (SIGSEGV) [Eike Rathke]
- rhbz#919020 Converting String to Double [Eike Rathke]
- rhbz#924515 [abrt] libreoffice-core-220.127.116.11-2.fc18: SdrMarkView::CheckMarked(): Process /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin was killed by signal 11 (SIGSEGV) [Caolán McNamara]
- rhbz#927223 [abrt] libreoffice-core-18.104.22.168-5.fc18: raise: MultiLineEditSyntaxHighlight::DoBracketHilight killed by signal 6 (SIGABRT) [Caolán McNamara]
- rhbz#954991 [faf] libreoffice-core-22.214.171.124-2.fc18.i686 SIGSEGV in Application::GetMainThreadIdentifier() [Stephan Bergmann]
- rhbz#961460 LibreOffice can't save WebDAV (dav/davs) files [Stephan Bergmann]