< ReleasesJump to navigation Jump to search
- General: new naming scheme
- Starting with this release candidate, the LibreOffice installer files have a new naming scheme. The most important is that "LibO" is replaced by "LibreOffice" in the names - so if you use scripts to download the packages, please update them to the new schema.
- Linux deb and rpm:
- Please read detailed instructions for different distributions
- The Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 3.6, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- If you notice undesirable interactions between LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org, please report this as a bug.
- LibreOffice windows installers are signed by The Document Foundation.
- All executable files and shared libraries in the LibreOffice installations are signed by The Document Foundation.
- Duden Korrektor will work with this version only if you put the stlport_vc7145.dll from 3.6.x installation somewhere in your %PATH%. Note that you will have to have also MSVCR90.DLL installed on your system.
- The Windows multi-language installer as well as the langpacks do only contain localized UI. By default, LibreOffice uses online help - if you need help files on your disk, please install the helppack for your language. If there is no helppack for your language (because help has not been translated to your language), then you can install and use the English helppack or check the online help in any available language.
An in-progress list of features for this version is available here.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed against 4.0.0 RC2:
- bnc#798271 Charts are not visible after save [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#57061 No personal data imported (or moved) during install from /3 User Profile [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#58562 EDITING: copy and paste of CHART from Calc looses Y values [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#59056 Charts are moved between sheets when saving a spreadsheet created with 3.6 [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#59193 automatic row height does not work after import [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#59325 Buttons disappeared in calc [Noel Power]
- tdf#59422 [LOCALIZATION] Personas Dialog shows pt-PT strings in pt-BR locale. [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#59586 EDITING: Missing comma in particular PDF file (regression) [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#59724 FILEOPEN: Inherited currency format not retained through close and open [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#59728 Python 3 loads utf-8 encoded files as CP-1252 encoded files [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#59779 Double click on page style name in Styles and Formatting does not work [Cédric Bosdonnat]
- tdf#59798 CONFIGURATION: Wrong Version info 4.0 .0.2 [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#59819 FILESAVE: .xlsx: new functions (AVERAGEIF,AVERAGEIFS,COUNTIFS,SUMIFS,IFERROR,IFNA) lead to warning in Excel 2013, and IFNA is not accepted [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#59881 sdremote - deadlock ... [Michael Meeks]
- tdf#59931 Crash when starting wizard if icons set has been changed [Arnaud Versini]
- tdf#59965 UI: program crash dialog looks unfinished [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#59969 Clear screen during Logo program execution can crash LibreOffice [László Németh]