< ReleasesJump to navigation Jump to search
- General: new naming scheme
- Starting with version 4.0.0, the LibreOffice installer files have a new naming scheme. The most important is that "LibO" is replaced by "LibreOffice" in the names - so if you uses scripts to download the packages, please update them to the new schema.
- Linux deb and rpm:
- please, read detailed instructions for different distributions
- the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 3.6, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- If you notice undesirable interactions between LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org, please report this as a bug.
- LibreOffice windows installers are signed by The Document Foundation.
- All executable files and shared libraries in the LibreOffice installations are signed by The Document Foundation.
- Duden Korrektor will work with this version only if you put the stlport_vc7145.dll from 3.6.x installation somewhere in your %PATH%. Note that you will have to have also MSVCR90.DLL installed on your system.
- Mac Intel packages are now signed by The Document Foundation, and should pass 10.8 Gatekeeper without intervention. Please report problems here as a bug.
- The Windows multi-language installer as well as the langpacks do only contain localized UI. By default, LibreOffice uses online help - if you need help files on your disk, please install the helppack for your language. If there is no helppack for your language (because help has not been translated to your language), then you can install and use the English helppack or check the online help in any available language.
An in-progress list of features for this version is available here.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed against 4.0.1 RC1 release:
- bnc#780748 basic EMF+ implementation. [Muthu Subramanian]
- tdf#45879 VIEWING: Selected Glue Point no longer highlighted [Michael Meeks]
- tdf#54087 Firefox plugin not recognized in LibO 3.6 (regression) [Andras Timar]
- tdf#55931 Autofit Text breaks subscript / superscript in Impress [Jan Holesovsky]
- tdf#57061 Not all personal data imported during install from /3 User Profile [Petr Mladek]
- tdf#57956 FORMATTING: Regression: text width scaling broken in impress and draw [Jan Holesovsky]
- tdf#58417 Libreoffice 4.0 crashes in LanguageTag constructor at start on Ubuntu 12.10 64bit [LeMoyne Castle]
- tdf#59405 [REGRESSION] Paste special and insert of Visio object: image invisible [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#59629 Custom animation: only the first line is animated [Armin Le Grand]
- tdf#59928 EDITING: Impossible to fill text into Fields - Functions - Placeholder - text [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#60083 ]FILEOPEN] spreadsheet doesn't show error bars [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#60306 EDITING: CONDITIONAL FORMATTING destroyed after copy-paste cell [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#60311 EDITING: Copy cells with CONDITIONAL FORMATTING formula with wrong references after paste [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#60433 Libvisio: Import Page Names from Visio [Fridrich Štrba]
- tdf#60488 Charts not plotted automatically [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#60574 Conditional Formatting: when displaying decimal numbers, localization settings are ignored [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#60638 EMF+ files rendered as empty boxes [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#60798 FORMATTING: Conditional Formatting icon set provides false result [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#60828 FORMATTING: Conditional formatting copied unwillingly [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#60977 Recalculation on load: Usage of cached values conflicting with XVolatliteResults of UNO plugins [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#61376 LibreLogo: missing Asian and CTL support, and other problems [László Németh]
- tdf#61428 FORMATTING: ReplaceDescriptor [Michael Stahl]
- i#119756 Animation:Text animation play not correct with sample file in AOO [Armin Le Grand]
- i#120616 svg: wrong rendering for gradientUnits="objectBoundingBox" [Armin Le Grand]