< ReleasesJump to navigation Jump to search
- General: new naming scheme
- Starting with version 4.0.0, the LibreOffice installer files have a new naming scheme. The most important is that "LibO" is replaced by "LibreOffice" in the names - so if you uses scripts to download the packages, please update them to the new schema.
- Linux deb and rpm:
- please, read detailed instructions for different distributions
- the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 3.6, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- If you notice undesirable interactions between LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org, please report this as a bug.
- LibreOffice windows installers are signed by The Document Foundation.
- All executable files and shared libraries in the LibreOffice installations are signed by The Document Foundation.
- Duden Korrektor will work with this version only if you put the stlport_vc7145.dll from 3.6.x installation somewhere in your %PATH%. Note that you will have to have also MSVCR90.DLL installed on your system.
- Mac Intel packages are now signed by The Document Foundation, and should pass 10.8 Gatekeeper without intervention. Please report problems here as a bug.
- The Windows multi-language installer as well as the langpacks do only contain localized UI. By default, LibreOffice uses online help - if you need help files on your disk, please install the helppack for your language. If there is no helppack for your language (because help has not been translated to your language), then you can install and use the English helppack or check the online help in any available language.
An in-progress list of features for this version is available here.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed against 4.0.1 release:
- bnc#779642 fixed floating tables import in writerfilter [Cédric Bosdonnat]
- coverity#983356 ressource leak [Norbert Thiebaud]
- tdf#52948 EDITING: Report-Builder - Print when Group change has no function [Lionel Elie Mamane]
- tdf#53278 Draw instead of russian show obscure characters in CDR file (Corel Draw 12 format) [Fridrich Štrba]
- tdf#53594 FILEOPEN : Import RTF file but ole are not well positioned in table/cells [Maxime de Roucy]
- tdf#53985 FILEOPEN: particular MSO2007 .docx document is "shortened" (part of contents missing) [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#54335 [FORMATTING, EDITING] Typing an existing style name into Style box changes hierarchy of styles [Joren De Cuyper]
- tdf#54586 Import CDR files with polish characters [Fridrich Štrba]
- tdf#54651 PIVOTTABLE time-format gone [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#55366 FILEOPEN particular .CDR shows element in too low vertical position [Fridrich Štrba]
- tdf#56031 Accessible Text Interface not updating until word boundary at caret offset [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#56272 FILEOPEN: Drawings are shown at wrong position [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#57061 Not all personal data imported during install from /3 User Profile [Petr Mladek]
- tdf#57536 Wrong Chinese conversion: 著 & 着 [Andras Timar]
- tdf#57661 Conditional formatting gets corrupted after deleting the contents of some cells. [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#57841 FILEOPEN: Importing CSV file, data columns disappear if binary 0 in data [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#58630 Calc - CRASH when using Validity [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#59528 libcdr: cdr import faulty -> postition of the circles wrong [Fridrich Štrba]
- tdf#59638 REGRESSION FILEOPEN: RTF import doesn't handle list types correctly [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#60083 ]FILEOPEN] spreadsheet doesn't show error bars [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#60253 Unable to select data for error bars in calc [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#60701 Send Document as email fails, when application is installed to a directory with a space [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#60722 RTF import wrong shape order and coloring problems [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#60764 EDITING: Data sort dialog box is bigger [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#60789 docx document content not shown, several pages missing [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#60886 Show Variable field shows no content in Page Header/Footer, Frames [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#60915 FORMATTING: Date with [~buddhist] always show the year with 4 digits [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#60920 PRINTING: Printing: Print dialogue looks stripped and flat [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#61000 FILEOPEN: Incorrect argument to UNO call at NumberingManager.cxx:650 result in crash due to negative tab stop position [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#61016 FILEOPEN: Open docx result in crash/STL assertion due to recursive calls to deleteMark [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#61138 Autocorrect data for Catalan [Joan Montane, Andras Timar]
- tdf#61139 Updated bundled Catalan dictionaries [Andras Timar]
- tdf#61165 FILESAVE: Moving cells after saving [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#61166 EDITING: Values in correlated subquery were not shown in queries. [Lionel Elie Mamane]
- tdf#61241 Dialog box for Background style in Style and Formatting pane not correctly displayed [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#61343 FILEOPEN: Writer crashes while opening this docx file [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#61421 Prevent smartphone is locked when you are making a presentation [Ondřej Smrž]
- tdf#61453 [DE] UI: Writer 'Character Style - Name field' to short [Andras Timar]
- tdf#61466 [Template manager] Delete a template is done without asking for confirmation [Cédric Bosdonnat, Rafael Dominguez]
- tdf#61507 broken export of title (metadata) to RTF format [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#61571 Error while running libreoffice4.0: no suitable windowing system found, exiting. [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#61602 Turkish Default Currency symbol changed but not included [Andras Timar]
- tdf#61656 broken functionality on Page Layout tab [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#61660 unhelpful dictionary entries... [Andras Timar]
- tdf#61721 FILEOPEN a large (19MB) XLSX file very slow [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#61781 Error bars of charts created via cell range in Calc are lost after saving and reopening [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#62075 Hierarchical filter hard to find [Joren De Cuyper]
- tdf#62103 File conflicts between language packs [Andras Timar]
- i#119513 [From Symphony]Picture is lost when opening sample PPT file [Herbert Dürr]
- i#119989 [From Symphony]Pie chart height becomes greater when open Excel file [Armin Le Grand]
- i#120616 svg: wrong rendering for gradientUnits="objectBoundingBox" [Armin Le Grand]
- rhbz#847519 [fix available] segfault at chart creation in lcl_getExplicitSimpleCategories [Eike Rathke]
- rhbz#895196 [a11y] Freeze on filtering in Calc [Caolán McNamara]
- rhbz#915743 thread deadlock/slow join in insert->hyperlink in impress [Stephan Bergmann]
- rhbz#916936 can't copy text from a read-only document in Calc [Eike Rathke]
- rhbz#918168 CVE-2013-0900 icu: Race condition allows remote attackers to cause a DoS [fedora-all] [Eike Rathke]