< ReleasesJump to navigation Jump to search
- General: new naming scheme
- Starting with version 4.0.0, the LibreOffice installer files have a new naming scheme. The most important is that "LibO" is replaced by "LibreOffice" in the names - so if you uses scripts to download the packages, please update them to the new schema.
- Linux deb and rpm:
- please, read detailed instructions for different distributions
- the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 3.6, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- If you notice undesirable interactions between LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org, please report this as a bug.
- LibreOffice windows installers are signed by The Document Foundation.
- All executable files and shared libraries in the LibreOffice installations are signed by The Document Foundation.
- Duden Korrektor will work with this version only if you put the stlport_vc7145.dll from 3.6.x installation somewhere in your %PATH%. Note that you will have to have also MSVCR90.DLL installed on your system.
- Mac Intel packages are now signed by The Document Foundation, and should pass 10.8 Gatekeeper without intervention. Please report problems here as a bug.
- The Windows multi-language installer as well as the langpacks do only contain localized UI. By default, LibreOffice uses online help - if you need help files on your disk, please install the helppack for your language. If there is no helppack for your language (because help has not been translated to your language), then you can install and use the English helppack or check the online help in any available language.
An in-progress list of features for this version is available here.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed against 4.0.2 RC1 release:
- deb#703486 keep migrating more user extensions after one failed [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#44286 [EDITING] Calc decreases one day of a date typed (Brazilian-portuguese locale and timezone) [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#52159 EDITING: Error bars values become Y-values when copying charts from calc to writer [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#54275 Linux: Unable to "Save" (or "Save As") New Document on Samba (gvfs) Mounted Share [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#57905 UI: Autocorrect Options can not be closed using 'Close-X' at the top right corner of dialog [Joren De Cuyper]
- tdf#60462 Small errors in the layout margins of the text boxes [Joren De Cuyper]
- tdf#60752 Wrong result because 'Property Let' fails to execute [Noel Power]
- tdf#60769 FILEOPEN, FILESAVE, "Could not save document, error in writing sub document context.xml" then corrupt file. [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#61256 Saving particular odg file resets font formatting [Michael Meeks]
- tdf#61952 FORMATTING: crash when switching between left and right page [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#62111 FILESAVE Libreoffice hangs when exporting a particular .ods to .xlsx [Noel Power]
- tdf#62299 Libvisio: Visio document cannot be opend by Draw [Fridrich Štrba]
- tdf#62384 Turkish Lira sign should precede numbers, not follow [Andras Timar]
- tdf#62617 displaying of object groups having subobjects on different layers is broken [David Tardon]
- tdf#62670 TABLE: Splitting a table options are mixed [Joren De Cuyper]
- rhbz#895690 Libreoffice causing errors when SAVING files by gvfs-mount (Samba) [Stephan Bergmann]
- rhbz#906137 Slide show mode inverts outputs [Caolán McNamara]
- rhbz#918938 Crash in Impress when right-clicking selected word [Caolán McNamara]
- rhbz#919020 Converting String to Double [Eike Rathke]