< ReleasesJump to navigation Jump to search
- General: new naming scheme
- Starting with version 4.0.0, the LibreOffice installer files have a new naming scheme. The most important is that "LibO" is replaced by "LibreOffice" in the names - so if you uses scripts to download the packages, please update them to the new schema.
- Linux deb and rpm:
- please, read detailed instructions for different distributions
- the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 3.6, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- If you notice undesirable interactions between LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org, please report this as a bug.
- LibreOffice windows installers are signed by The Document Foundation.
- All executable files and shared libraries in the LibreOffice installations are signed by The Document Foundation.
- Duden Korrektor will work with this version only if you put the stlport_vc7145.dll from 3.6.x installation somewhere in your %PATH%. Note that you will have to have also MSVCR90.DLL installed on your system.
- Mac Intel packages are now signed by The Document Foundation, and should pass 10.8 Gatekeeper without intervention. Please report problems here as a bug.
- The Windows multi-language installer as well as the langpacks do only contain localized UI. By default, LibreOffice uses online help - if you need help files on your disk, please install the helppack for your language. If there is no helppack for your language (because help has not been translated to your language), then you can install and use the English helppack or check the online help in any available language.
An in-progress list of features for this version is available here.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed against 4.0.5 RC1:
- i#122752 Windows 8 Selecting text and copying to system clipboard causes application crash. [Herbert Dürr]