From The Document Foundation Wiki
- General: new naming scheme
- Starting with version 4.0.0, the LibreOffice installer files have a new naming scheme. The most important is that "LibO" is replaced by "LibreOffice" in the names - so if you uses scripts to download the packages, please update them to the new schema.
- Linux deb and rpm:
- please, read detailed instructions for different distributions
- the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 3.6, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- If you notice undesirable interactions between LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org, please report this as a bug.
- LibreOffice windows installers are signed by The Document Foundation.
- All executable files and shared libraries in the LibreOffice installations are signed by The Document Foundation.
- Duden Korrektor will work with this version only if you put the stlport_vc7145.dll from 3.6.x installation somewhere in your %PATH%. Note that you will have to have also MSVCR90.DLL installed on your system.
- Mac Intel packages are now signed by The Document Foundation, and should pass 10.8 Gatekeeper without intervention. Please report problems here as a bug.
- RC1 for intel is built against the 10.6 SDK and will not run on 10.4 or 10.5 - RC2 will again be built against 10.4 SDK
- The Windows multi-language installer as well as the langpacks do only contain localized UI. By default, LibreOffice uses online help - if you need help files on your disk, please install the helppack for your language. If there is no helppack for your language (because help has not been translated to your language), then you can install and use the English helppack or check the online help in any available language.
An in-progress list of features for this version is available here.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed against 4.0.5 RC2 (4.0.5 final):
- coverity#736212 clip word 2 pap bounds [Caolán McNamara]
- bnc#615223 ImageMagick cannot compress grayscale TIFF images with JPEG [Caolán McNamara]
- bnc#834705 fix for missing drop downs for autofilter [Noel Power]
- deb#719941 unbreak python script provider debug logging on Python 3 [Michael Stahl, Rene Engelhard]
- tdf#34987 Impress disregards Master Slide setting of text area [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#39484 All Outline groups of sheet lost while editing [Michael Meeks]
- tdf#40100 EDITING YEARFRAC function returns incorrect results for some dates [Lionel Elie Mamane]
- tdf#41833 Comments in Writer: UI: Cursor does not move to new line [Ivan Timofeev]
- tdf#42434 'mirror horizontally' and 'mirror vertically' icons look inverted [Ivan Timofeev]
- tdf#43807 ODF import loses Drop Caps character style [Zolnai Tamás]
- tdf#49350 10x speedup of saving a new entry to a large autocorrect replacement table [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#51688 VIEWING: missing anti-aliasing in frames (for example illustrations with captions) [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#54320 ACCESSIBILITY: VoiceOver does not follow keyboard focus [Boris Dušek]
- tdf#54686 Numbers with percent signs not detected as numbers in French [Laurent Balland-Poirier]
- tdf#58034 Version details in About box for dailies are not the same in MSVC and MinGW builds [Petr Mladek]
- tdf#58040 FILEOPEN: Writer hangs when opening large files. [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#59727 FILESAVE, FILEOPEN: Valid Formula Causes #NAME? Error on Re-Open [Winfried Donkers, Winfried]
- tdf#60883 Macros: macros allways disabled in files created from templates when working via Templatemanager: File > New > Template [Noel Power]
- tdf#62323 BASIC macro fails when converting a Hex string that is negative on Linux 64bit [Noel Power]
- tdf#63273 [EDITING] Inserting field "Page Count" leads into endless "Selection Change Event" [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#63539 Table indexes: content can't be seen, index can't be deleted, index can't be renamed since LO 4.* [Lionel Elie Mamane]
- tdf#64117 EDITING: Query Wizard produces sql error in conditions (losing quotes) [Lionel Elie Mamane]
- tdf#64455 UI: The color line tool (toolbar "Line and Filling ") is not updated [Laurent Balland-Poirier]
- tdf#64753 FILESAVE: Sheet Protection removed from XLSX after saving & reopening file [Noel Power]
- tdf#66071 When Undo is used too often, no prompt to save document on close [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#66145 Turning off 'Same content on first page' does not reflect in UI [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#66215 EDITING: unable to select a text to change its properties (bold, italic ...) when picture defined as background [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#66745 Fontwork not anti-aliased and with irritating rendering artifacts on >200% zoom [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#67223 UI: problem changing font with drop down from Formatting toolbar, if target area is not already all one font: selection in dropdown jumps up when using the mouse [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#67358 Adjusting column or row sizes in a Writer table causes artifact lines [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#67410 VoiceOver does not provide typing or cursor movement echo in text [Boris Dušek]
- tdf#67547 Can't access methods of ScriptProvider from VB [Noel Power]
- tdf#67554 FILEOPEN: Writer crashes on importing OOXML [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#67697 Autocorrect entries with formatting cannot be added [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#68064 CppunitTest_sw_rtfimport: recursive SwNodes::RemoveNode, valgrind reports invalid read/write [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#68076 [FILEOPEN] RTF-filter: An incorrect change of the codepage from Russian (CP-1251) to Latin [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#68081 UI: can't auto-scroll many dialogs spinners holding mouse click [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#68084 Writer crashes when open this .docx file [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#68192 Writer incorrectly displays non-numbered list dot. [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#68275 Other: Grayscale TIFF is imported as a white area [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#68313 Diacritics problem with Graphite fonts [László Németh]
- tdf#68315 EDITING: Crashes when changing data in a form to postgresql database through ODBC [Lionel Elie Mamane]
- tdf#68440 New DocumentList.xml for Italian autocorrection [Andras Timar]
- tdf#68477 general input/output error opening Visio file [Fridrich Štrba]
- tdf#68839 ODF import: counter (like "1") added to picture names [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#68874 Highlighter icon doesn't change color if no text is selected [Ivan Timofeev]
- tdf#69091 Copying data from Base-table to Calc by drag and drop without registered database impossible [Julien Nabet]
- tdf#69173 crash when "My Macros/Standard" empty on closing last document the Basic IDE was using, and then giving IDE window the focus [Noel Power]
- tdf#69220 crash on open .doc file [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#69450 FORMATTING Format painter deletes cell content, paste special does not work [Michael Meeks]
- rhbz#1000150 [abrt] libreoffice-core-18.104.22.168-6.fc19: _XIOError calling atexit handlers wreaks havoc in unrelated ICEConnectionWorker thread [Stephan Bergmann]
- rhbz#993963 [abrt] libreoffice-core-22.214.171.124-5.fc19: GtkSalFrame::createNewWindow: Process /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin was killed by signal 11 (SIGSEGV) [Caolán McNamara]