TDF LibreOffice Document Liberation Project Community Blogs Weblate Nextcloud Redmine Ask LibreOffice Donate
- Linux deb and rpm:
- please, read detailed instructions for different distributions
- the Linux packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 4.0, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- older "debian-menus" package need to be removed before installing the new version (tdf#67031)
- debian-menus-4.1.0 can't be installed in parallel with native Debian and Ubuntu packages (tdf#67041)
- If you notice undesirable interactions between LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org, please report this as a bug.
- LibreOffice windows installers are signed by The Document Foundation.
Parallel installation allows you to test various versions, without replacing an existing installation of LibreOffice.
See this information: Installing in parallel.
- The Windows multi-language installer as well as the langpacks do only contain localized UI. By default, LibreOffice uses online help - if you need help files on your disk, please install the helppack for your language. If there is no helppack for your language (because help has not been translated to your language), then you can install and use the English helppack or check the online help in any available language.
An in-progress list of features for this version is available here.
A list of annoying bugs still contained in this version is available from Bugzilla, the full list of reported bugs is here.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed against 4.1.0 RC2:
- bnc#828598 SwFormatClipboard: fix undo of paragraph attributes [Miklos Vajna]
- bnc#829017 fix issue with negative seeks in win32 shell extension [Fridrich Štrba]
- tdf#46808 Adapt UNO services to new-style [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#57631 FILESAVE: [REGRESSION] After saving a drawing all formcontrol settings are not saved - reverts to default after reloading [David Tardon]
- tdf#58644 EDITING: Auto-Filter removes brackets in Queries - Filter doesen't work in correlated Subqueries [Lionel Elie Mamane]
- tdf#59643 UNDO Format Paintbrush incomplete [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#63998 PIVOTTABLE: Does not filter on page field [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#64448 autosniffing of ODB content type broken [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#65055 FILESAVE: Versioning – "Always save a version on closing" doesn’t work [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#65338 FILESAVE doesn't retain font settings of style: after save (as) and again opening of presentation, font is changed [Luboš Luňák]
- tdf#65589 Zotero extension does not install in 4.1 [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#65932 FILEOPEN: HTML import crash [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#66072 deb file conflict libkdebe1lo.so in libobasis4.1-core01 and in libobasis4.1-kde-integration [David Tardon]
- tdf#66100 4.1RC1 App Icon of LibreOffice is a default App Icon [Norbert Thiebaud]
- tdf#66420 EDITING: Writer crashes after adding words to the user-dictionary [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#66478 FORMATTING: Hyphenation is not working [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#66524 LibreOffice 410rc1 start time regression vs. 3.6.6/4.0.4 [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#66582 Report Builder crashes Base [David Tardon]
- tdf#66655 EDITING: GETPIVOTDATA() gives #REF! [Kohei Yoshida]
- tdf#66703 REPORTBUILDER - report design wizard does not start on click (missing libjava_uno.jnilib symlink) [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#66718 BASIC Clipboard API has lost functionality [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#66745 FORMATTING: Distorsion in Fontwork borders [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#66761 Other: Macro controlled Python Mailmerge broken [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#66811 PDF: Wrong PDF export in Windows Japanese environment though it only uses English fonts [Michael Stahl]
- i#108348 util::DateTime cannot represent XML-Schema P2 dateTime [Michael Stahl]
- i#122752 Windows 8 Selecting text and copying to system clipboard causes application crash. [Herbert Dürr]