TDF LibreOffice Document Liberation Project Community Blogs Weblate Nextcloud Redmine Ask LibreOffice Donate
General for this RC: release configuration
- the Linux and Mac packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 4.4, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- the Windows package will update a previously installed version of LibreOffice
- LibreOffice 5.0 will be made available as 64bit version in addition to the 32bit version. Installing the 64bit version requires Windows Vista or newer, the 32bit Version runs on Windows XP or newer.
- Trying to scan with the 64bit version on Windows causes a crash tdf#92478. Please use your system's scanning tool as a workaround.
An in-progress list of features for this version is available here.
A list of annoying bugs still contained in this version is available from Bugzilla, the full list of reported bugs is here.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed compared to 5.0.2 RC1:
- rhbz#1134285 Open a file in a mounted WebDAV drive and LibreOffice asks for user and password [Stephan Bergmann]
- rhbz#1259746 Writer fails to open correct ODT file from WebDAV share [Stephan Bergmann]
- tdf#92145 Writer text table rows can't be resized (with disabled rulers) [László Németh]
- tdf#92357 Tab type switcher in ruler does not clear previous icon when clicking it [László Németh]
- tdf#92843 UI: The case of the disappearing zoom slider [László Németh]
- tdf#92982 rendercontext: blinking cursor is drawn directly [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#92995 EDITING: Undo of Drag&Drop with annotation/comment object causes crash [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#93666 GL / area fill scaling issue. [Tomaž Vajngerl]
- tdf#93778 gestureLongPress cores being passed a NULL frame [Szymon Kłos]
- tdf#93814 cache binary compiled versions of shaders ... [Marco Cecchetti]
- tdf#93884 odd text rendering artifacts in slideshow [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#93989 crash on chart insert ... [Markus Mohrhard]
- tdf#93996 gltf rendering timer is far too fast ... [Michael Meeks]
- tdf#94006 OpenGLContext - ref-counted and manually managed ... [Michael Meeks]
- tdf#94031 Some 3D OpenGL transitions don't work in GL mode ... [Lubosz Sarnecki]
- tdf#94213 horrible flickering on window resize [Michael Meeks]
- tdf#94249 EDITING: Calc sort crashes [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#94252 Gratuitous GL context switching. [Michael Meeks]
- tdf#94281 mis-use of legacy GL contexts ... [Michael Meeks]
Thanks to all who took part in handling the issues
Thanks to all who took part in handling the issues involved for the 5.0.1 release: QA-team, bugreporters, developers. Not covered in this stats of course are the many community members in other areas like l10n/translation and marketing, user support that also deserve a big thank you.
34 Michael Meeks 20 Matthew Francis 15 Miklos Vajna 13 tommy27, Cor Nouws 12 Yousuf (Jay) Philips 11 Maxim Monastirsky 10 raal, Eike Rathke 9 Julien Nabet 7 Beluga 6 V Stuart Foote, Adolfo Jayme 5 Michael Weghorn, Michael Stahl, Joel Madero, Alex Thurgood, A (Andy) 4 m.a.riosv, Jacques Guilleron 3 Tomaz Vajngerl, Timur, Regina Henschel, QA Administrators, Markus Mohrhard (retired), László Németh, Katarina Behrens (CIB), Jean- Baptiste Faure, Jan Holesovsky, Gordo, Björn Michaelsen 2 tmacalp, Samuel Mehrbrodt, Rostislav 'R.Yu.' Okulov, Michael Heyns, Mark Hung, MM, Luke, Laurent BP, Jorendc, Christoph Lutz, Andras Timar, Alex 1 Óvári, steve -_-, sophie, ribotb, poky, kompilainenn, jmontane, ign_christian, ecarter, cwchia, baffclan, Yogesh Bharate, Yan Pashkovsky, Wolfgang Jäger, Weisz Roland, Viruch Hemapanpairo, Vasily Melenchuk, Valter Mura, Urmas, Ulrich Windl, Tor Lillqvist, ToanNH, Thorsten Behrens, TeslaZap, Taka, Stephan Bergmann, Shimi Chen, Sašo Smolej, Rūdolfs, Rob Snelders, Richard PALO, Renato Ferreira, Ravi, Piotr, Philip, Pedro, Pascal Hingamp, Onyeibo, Norbert Thiebaud, Nikos, Mike Kaganski, Mike Bell, Michael, Matthias Fuchs, Matthias, Mathieu Parent, Mark Bourne, Marc Kaulisch, LucN31, Luc, Lubosz Sarnecki, Lior Kaplan, Laurie, Laurent Godard, Kü, Klaus Halfmann, Kevin Suo, Jose M. Albarrán, John Faucett, Joerg Honerla, Joe, Jan, JPJ, Hideki Saito, Herouth Maoz, Heiko Tietze, Harald Koester, Hans- Peter Oeri, Giuseppe Castagno (aka beppec56), Gauthier, GABORIT Jean-Luc, Frank Zimmerman, Elmar, Eldar, Ed, Dr. David Alan Gilbert, Doug, David Burleigh, Cristian, Christopher M. Penalver, Christian Lohmaier, Chris Halls, Charles, Carlos Rodriguez, Caolán McNamara, Camille, Brian Coverstone, Bobrazowski, Binyamin Sagal, Bernhard Rieder, Ashod Nakashian, Ari Latvala, Antanas, Andy, Alexander Lars Robinson, Abdulaziz Ayed