From The Document Foundation Wiki
General for this Release Candidate: parallel installation
- This build is in release configuration
- the Linux and Mac packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 5.3, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- the Windows package will update a previously installed version of LibreOffice
- LibreOffice 5.4 will be made available as 64bit version in addition to the 32bit version. Installing the 64bit version requires Windows Vista or newer, the 32bit Version runs on Windows XP or newer
- Note: LibreOffice 5.4 will be the last codeline to support Windows XP or Vista - later versions will require Windows 7 or newer.
An in-progress list of features for this version is available here.
The full list of people who have collaborated in this release is here.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed compared to 5.4.2 rc1:
- ofz#2877 unknown Read [Caolán McNamara]
- ofz#3301 sw: DeleteAndJoin found yet another way to delete new redline [Michael Stahl]
- ofz#3412 SYLK import: check ;X;Y;C;R col/row validity early [Caolán McNamara]
- ofz#3457 unknown Read [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#111894 PaletteManager::LoadPalettes() leaks memory [Julien Nabet]
- tdf#112005 ODF: wrong place for draw:notify-on-update-of-ranges, is in loext:p, should be in draw:object [Michael Stahl]