TDF LibreOffice Document Liberation Project Community Blogs Weblate Nextcloud Redmine Ask LibreOffice Donate
General for this Release Candidate: parallel installation
- This build is in release configuration
- the Linux and Mac packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 5.3, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- the Windows package will update a previously installed version of LibreOffice
- LibreOffice 5.4 will be made available as 64bit version in addition to the 32bit version. Installing the 64bit version requires Windows Vista or newer, the 32bit Version runs on Windows XP or newer
- Note: LibreOffice 5.4 will be the last codeline to support Windows XP or Vista - later versions will require Windows 7 or newer.
An in-progress list of features for this version is available here.
A list of annoying bugs still contained in this version is available from Bugzilla, the full list of reported bugs is here.
The full list of people who have collaborated in this release is here.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed compared to 5.4.3 rc1:
- tdf#97630 LibreOffice uses wrong attribute for feature "shrink-to-fit" [Michael Stahl]
- tdf#108580 Cannot run LibreOffice, api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing (for local solution see comment 7) [Christian Lohmaier]
- tdf#109343 Cannot paste formatted text (.rtf) from clipboard on Mac. It comes always unformatted. Still broken in 5.3.6 and 5.4.1 [Xisco Fauli]
- tdf#111428 Formula cells not recalculated after column was inserted and in a shifted column a formula cell is edited/added when the next column is empty (EDITING) [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#112928 LibreOffice 184.108.40.206 installs but will not run on Windows XP SP3 (32-bit) [Mike Kaganski]
- tdf#113225 LibreOffice 220.127.116.11 crashes when checking for updates ( OpenGL ) [Michael Meeks]
- tdf#113227 FILESAVE: PPT: bullets disappear after RT [Noel Grandin]
- tdf#113253 FILESAVE: PPT: Graphics change their shapes after RT [Caolán McNamara]
This build contains these translation updates. See credits for each language.