From The Document Foundation Wiki
General for this Release Candidate: parallel installation
- This build is in release configuration
- the Linux and Mac packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 5.3, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- the Windows package will update a previously installed version of LibreOffice
- LibreOffice 5.4 will be made available as 64bit version in addition to the 32bit version. Installing the 64bit version requires Windows Vista or newer, the 32bit Version runs on Windows XP or newer
- Note: LibreOffice 5.4 will be the last codeline to support Windows XP or Vista - later versions will require Windows 7 or newer.
An in-progress list of features for this version is available here.
The full list of people who have collaborated in this release is here.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed compared to 5.4.4 rc1:
- ofz#4484 another stab at mnRangeOpPosInSymbol [Eike Rathke]
- tdf#109240 FILESAVE XLSX: Use of Data > AutoFilter provoke auto-creation of multiple defined Name ranges over multiple consecutive save in XLSX format of the same file causing compatibility issue with Excel 2016 (file cannot be opened in Excel 2016) [Aron Budea]
- tdf#112571 FILESAVE XLSX New named range is created every time an Excel made spreadsheet that contains print ranges is saved as XLSX [Aron Budea]
- tdf#114406 #NAME? error when using a number with percentage [Eike Rathke]