From The Document Foundation Wiki
General for this Release Candidate: parallel installation
- This build is in release configuration
- the Linux and Mac packages can be installed in parallel to LibreOffice 5.3, but not run simultaneously - documents will be opened in the version you've started first.
- the Windows package will update a previously installed version of LibreOffice
- LibreOffice 5.4 will be made available as 64bit version in addition to the 32bit version. Installing the 64bit version requires Windows Vista or newer, the 32bit Version runs on Windows XP or newer
- Note: LibreOffice 5.4 will be the last codeline to support Windows XP or Vista - later versions will require Windows 7 or newer.
An in-progress list of features for this version is available here.
The full list of people who have collaborated in this release is here.
List of fixed bugs
Bugs fixed compared to 5.4.7 rc1:
- bnc#778133 sw: handle cell background for BACKGROUND_PARA_OVER_DRAWINGS [Miklos Vajna]
- ofz#7648 bad-cast [Caolán McNamara]
- redmine#2585 update credits [Christian Lohmaier]
- rhbz#1283420 message box fonts corrupted in libreoffice [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#84205 FILESAVE: Theme Colors inverted in drawings after PPTX roundtrip (black part turned to white) [Szymon Kłos]
- tdf#100925 When overwriting a cell, new content is displayed on top of the old content until finishing the edit [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#115719 DOCX import: lack of Word 2013-style increased spacing for paragraph with anchored objects [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#116410 FILEOPEN DOCX: First paragraph has wrong top margin (space before) [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#116830 DOCX import: table cell background is behind background shapes [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#116925 Automatic text color in textbox does not consider fill style of shape [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#116976 DOCX import: bitmap does not consume its relative size [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#116985 DOCX import, shape with textbox: incorrect text area size when shape size is relative [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#116999 Libreoffice command line interface is not opening cgm files [Caolán McNamara]
- tdf#117028 DOCX import: textbox of shape lacks its transparent background [Miklos Vajna]
- tdf#117039 Print Preview crashes on signed document [Katarina Behrens]
- tdf#117268 FILEOPEN: RTF: parser dont draw tables correctly [Mike Kaganski]