LibreOffice 5.2 Under the Hood Changes
About this page
This is an in-progress scratch-pad of notes to build the list of under-the-hood changes from as and when we release. Please do not list changes that are to be shipped already in the 5.1 release! Please do not add wish-list changes that you hope will be done, but only what actually has been done already.
What does a good change description look like here:
- It has a description what has been done (and why).
- It credits the main authors who did the work – just add them in brackets after the feature, where possible.
- If it is possible to show the progress using a graph, a graph should be included.
Thanks in advance for your help filling this out!
- Removed outdated
industrialicon theme (Samuel Mehrbrodt, CIB) core commit b4c937fc5209f3a05d3373593307a051bc810531
ToolPanel(predecessor of the Sidebar) (Samuel Mehrbrodt, CIB) core commit 7dd77a12713c0557c5826d3541e97ef6120e1d00
Build / platform improvements
- Replaced embedded mDNSResponder code with a proper external tarball (Michael Stahl)
- Removed the large nss-pem patch from the bundled NSS, as it was determined to be mostly unhelpful (Michael Stahl, Giuseppe Castagno)
- Removed remaining uses of .src templates and support for them in gbuild. (David Tardon)
- Removed remaining uses of ARCHIVE flag in scp2. (David Tardon)
- Removed the need for perl Archive::Zip module during creation of installsets. (David Tardon)
Code quality work
- More than 20 unittests added to SVGIO import filter (Xisco Faulí). Commits
- Improved scalability of
com::sun::star::uno::WeakReferencewith many listeners (Noel Grandin)
- Finished replacement of
- replaced lots of
boost::bindwith C++11 lambdas or
std::bind(Albert Thuswaldner, Nathaniel Pearson, Daniel Robertson, Fabio Buso, Helena Svobodova, Michael Stahl)
boost::noncopyablewith C++11 deleted functions (Jochen Nitschke, Michael Stahl)
boost::mem_fnwith C++11 lambdas or
boost::assign::list_ofwith C++11 initialization (Michael Stahl)
- replaced some
BOOST_PPusage (Michael Stahl)
- removed the
postx.hhacks that worked around namespace conflicts with X11 headers (Jorenz Paragas).
- removed Windows 95 specific mouse wheel support (Noel Grandin)
- cleaned up includes of oox module with the include-what-you-use tool (Jorenz Paragas)
- fixed issues with the Windows
SalYieldMuteximplementation and periodic
TimerQueueTimersthat could cause deadlock by overflowing the main thread's message queue in tests that do multi-threaded Calc file imports (Armin Le Grand, Michael Stahl)