LibreOffice 5.3 Under the Hood Changes
About this page
This is an in-progress scratch-pad of notes to build the list of under-the-hood changes from as and when we release. Please do not list changes that are to be shipped already in the 5.2 release! Please do not add wish-list changes that you hope will be done, but only what actually has been done already.
What does a good change description look like here:
- It has a description what has been done (and why).
- It credits the main authors who did the work – just add them in brackets after the feature, where possible.
- If it is possible to show the progress using a graph, a graph should be included.
Thanks in advance for your help filling this out!
- Commands can be given an 'IsExperimental' flag so they will show up in the menu/toolbar only if "Experimental features" are active. (Samuel Mehrbrodt, CIB) commit example
- Various fixes and improvements. commit commit commit (Muhammet Kara, Pardus)
Build / platform improvements
- Removed boost patches for libraries that are no longer used (Michael Stahl)
- Replaced most of the pile of boost patches that work around GCC/clang warnings that upstream won't fix with auto-generated wrapper headers that should be easier to maintain (Michael Stahl)
- (initial) sparc64 port (James Clarke)
- Added a script
check-elf-dynamic-objectsto sanity check library dependencies in release or bibisect builds on GNU/Linux (Michael Stahl)
- Fixed some build failures when compiling in the Turkish locale commit commit (Gökhan Gurbetoğlu, Pardus)
- Build bundled poppler library against bundled libjpeg (Michael Stahl)
- Review usage of
OSL_BIGENDIANmacro and actually include the header that would define it (Michael Stahl)
Code quality work
- Various Cppcheck improvements. commit (Muhammet Kara, Pardus)
uno.pyto PEP8 and further clean-ups (Kenneth Koski)
- Cleaned up obsolete usage of
_tstringin Win32 code (Stuart Swales)
- Lots of legacy integers of types like
sal_uIntPtrconverted to sane integer types (Marian Scerbak)
sal_Sizetype replaced with
std::size_texcept where needed for URE compatibility (Michael Stahl)
- Various improvements on usages of
rtl::OUStringBuffer. commit commit commit commit commit commit commit commit commit commit commit commit commit commit (Muhammet Kara, Pardus; Gökhan Gurbetoğlu, Pardus)
- Cleaned up obsolete
DBG_ASSERT, etc. and replaced them with correct assertions. commit (Gökhan Gurbetoğlu, Pardus)
- Converted stringarrays to resource strings. tdf#91665 (Muhammet Kara, Pardus)
- replaced pointless uses of CSPRNG with faster
std::randomPRNG (Michael Stahl)
- updated various bundled libraries to the latest version (Jochen Nitschke, Michael Stahl, Caolán McNamara, David Tardon, Andras Timar, Jaskaran Singh, Wastack, Laurent Alonso, Miklos Vajna, Kohei Yoshida, Aleksas Pantechovskis)