LibreOffice 5.3 Under the Hood Changes
About this page
This is an in-progress scratch-pad of notes to build the list of under-the-hood changes from as and when we release. Please do not list changes that are to be shipped already in the 5.2 release! Please do not add wish-list changes that you hope will be done, but only what actually has been done already.
What does a good change description look like here:
- It has a description what has been done (and why).
- It credits the main authors who did the work – just add them in brackets after the feature, where possible.
- If it is possible to show the progress using a graph, a graph should be included.
Thanks in advance for your help filling this out!
- Commands can be given an 'IsExperimental' flag so they will show up in the menu/toolbar only if "Experimental features" are active. (Samuel Mehrbrodt, CIB) commit d9f8ea556cddfce334ce96046b93ab69d96e6c30 example 08d7ffcd442c5f02b4ceb068d308a26b04e41d29
- Various fixes and improvements. commit 29e91d5eedd2bf20504ce9ada625d33fec19dc9e commit 7e2ad84c9f77116b8faa27c0db6fd3dd26b68bc9 commit 41051ebbc416aafafec79c6795a8f8587c58d0e5 (Muhammet Kara, Pardus)
Build / platform improvements
- Removed boost patches for libraries that are no longer used (Michael Stahl)
- Replaced most of the pile of boost patches that work around GCC/clang warnings that upstream won't fix with auto-generated wrapper headers that should be easier to maintain (Michael Stahl)
- (initial) sparc64 port (James Clarke)
- Added a script
check-elf-dynamic-objectsto sanity check library dependencies in release or bibisect builds on GNU/Linux (Michael Stahl)
- Fixed some build failures when compiling in the Turkish locale commit ea5a5b1dbb669415586520c2b0c526b133aa07e4 commit 9b9e5cfd2fa629b2e1dc4a193e48a4a4e8d34126 (Gökhan Gurbetoğlu, Pardus)
- Build bundled poppler library against bundled libjpeg (Michael Stahl)
- Review usage of
OSL_BIGENDIANmacro and actually include the header that would define it (Michael Stahl)
Code quality work
- Various Cppcheck improvements. commit b6b34d538398f8214daa5b160f764dc8b82ff9c5 (Muhammet Kara, Pardus)
uno.pyto PEP8 and further clean-ups (Kenneth Koski)
- Cleaned up obsolete usage of
_tstringin Win32 code (Stuart Swales)
- Lots of legacy integers of types like
sal_uIntPtrconverted to sane integer types (Marian Scerbak)
sal_Sizetype replaced with
std::size_texcept where needed for URE compatibility (Michael Stahl)
- Various improvements on usages of
rtl::OUStringBuffer. commit cc56044ea01538781f16576512b66538f2720394 commit 1801c00d39a911d80edbb59e0895974297f1373b commit 9db384d9947c8d0bb566160c50b34bc8f6a2cc72 commit fafb309d2ec6b7a7125409dabffd13613ad65a0d commit 456902abb40397e45f30efdfa2433d9d773d5344 commit 41bc79521eadb0c39b8f208ba6fe32b82ef1ed42 commit 94809ea0d4101679794bb239313c4d73fab30419 commit 471ca6690262463c58225b5c8efb74e8fcf5e1ac commit 35de25aac00f9698c5df338bb6399384a71f6c1c commit d5784e91e9cd83336dc16392fd65cb11c5373c9c commit c899cc46fc6522b7fd7c243bf7a67dfbe2e1e586 commit b7bf1ba2136b3d1e031673e7b541c6181e95ff61 commit 5d5f1de548c1086dd3476e40bfe06aa4a5830a6d commit c899cc46fc6522b7fd7c243bf7a67dfbe2e1e586 (Muhammet Kara, Pardus; Gökhan Gurbetoğlu, Pardus)
- Cleaned up obsolete
DBG_ASSERT, etc. and replaced them with correct assertions. commit f62d22286972d22809fafbd9cb44263d12a6aa85 (Gökhan Gurbetoğlu, Pardus)
- Converted stringarrays to resource strings. tdf#91665 (Muhammet Kara, Pardus)
- replaced pointless uses of CSPRNG with faster
std::randomPRNG (Michael Stahl)
- updated various bundled libraries to the latest version (Jochen Nitschke, Michael Stahl, Caolán McNamara, David Tardon, Andras Timar, Jaskaran Singh, Wastack, Laurent Alonso, Miklos Vajna, Kohei Yoshida, Aleksas Pantechovskis)